24

When Cassie and Daryl approached the camp the next morning the tension in the air was unmissable. Cassie noticed neither Glenn or Rick had returned yet and an immediate sense of dread kicked in.

Before they had left Cassie had grabbed her top and shirt from the night before deciding to leave Daryl's shirt on. He hadn't planned on asking for it back enjoying how she looked in his clothes. She had noticed before they left Daryl shrugging on a sleeveless leather jacket which had sewn on angel wings on the back. She hadn't seen it before but seeing as the weather was getting colder everyone was starting to add more layers.

She noticed Shane, Andrea and T dog stood around a car loading things into the boot and went over to talk to them. Cassie realised they were maybe going to look for Glenn,Hershel and Rick and even though she couldn't stand Shane and Andrea she knew she had to help find her brother and best friend."Are you guys going to find Rick, Glenn and Hershel?" Cassie asked.

"Yeah" T dog answered confirming her suspicions.

"Wait a minute I'm coming with you" Cassie stated not giving any of them time to answer before she left for her tent. Once she got there she changed out her shorts into a pair of black cargo pants due to the cold weather, leaving Daryl's shirt on with a black denim jacket over the top as she grabbed her bow and quiver.

When she got back over to the group she saw Daryl with his crossbow on his back ready to go with them chugging a canteen of water. She grabbed it out his hand after placing her bow in the boot of the car causing water to spill out slightly. "Save some for the rest of us" Cassie joked giving Daryl a short smile as she twisted the cap back on the bottle.

Just as they were finishing their prep to leave that all turned to see a red pick up truck driving down the dirt path towards them. Once it arrived back Carl was quick to run into his dads arms Lori close behind.

As Maggie ran to Glenn Cassie slowly made her way towards her family. When Rick noticed her he left Lori and Carls embrace before rushing to his sister pulling her in for a hug. "You never said goodbye" Cassie said softly.

"Anytime I have to leave again your either coming with me or I'll make sure to say goodbye. I promise" Rick told her pulling back from their hug as Cassie went over to see Glenn while Rick went back to his wife seeing the wound on her head.

"Cass I'm sorry" was all Glenn said before he buried his head in her shoulder holding on tightly. Cassie could tell something had probably happened on their run that had shaken Glenn up so she hugged him back.

"It's okay Glenn. You came back that's all that matters" Glenn pulled back to smile at her before noticing the serious expression on her face "But if you ever go without saying goodbye again I will hurt you" she warned and Glenn chuckled nervously before T-dog said something that got everyone's attention.

"Who the hell is that?" He asked.

"That's Randall" Glenn explained as many members of the group moved forward to see a boy around his 20s tied up in the backseat with a bandanna over his eyes. The boy seemed to have some sort of leg wound and from the looks of things he was obviously in a lot of pain.

————-————-————-————-————-————

A short while later the whole group were sat around the Greene family's dinner table. Rick and Glenn had told everyone the story of what had happened in town and how they had met Randall. As Cassie looked around the room she could see Shane's face had his anger over the situation written all over it.

"We couldn't just leave him behind. He would have bled out if he lived that long" Rick told the group.

"It's gotten bad in town" Glenn explained and Cassie noticed him looking down as he spoke not wanting to meet Maggie's gaze which would have been impossible if he looked up seeing as she had her eyes set on him.