33

It had been 8 months since the fall of the farm

It had been 8 months since the fall of the farm. A lot had happened on those 8 months. Eventually the group managed to get past what Cassie and Rick had gone through with Shane, although to be fair to Hershel and Daryl they never doubted the Grimes twins. Loris pregnancy bump had grown whilst they were on the road during the winter moving from one place to the next constantly.

Cassie ran in the house behind Rick swinging her bat into the head of one of the walkers that was standing there. She followed Rick into the back of the house using a torch to guide their way weapons raised. They came to a white door where they heard rattling behind it.

Rick gave Cassie a signal to be ready to swing once he opened the door from their side. When he did Cassie was fully ready to hit what was on the other side but she was thankful she didn't as it turned out to be Daryl standing there. Cassie let out a sigh as she relaxed slightly while Rick walked away to find Carl.

"Fuck me Daryl, you scared me" she said a small laugh escaping her lips at the same time.

"Maybe later sunshine cmon" Daryl told her with a smirk causing Cassie to blush bright red as he led her back to the houses main room. Once they arrived Cassie signalled to the others it was safe to come in as Daryl went to search upstairs.

Cassie sat down on her chair with Daryl leaning on the arm of it plucking the feathers out of the owl he had shot. "You get any feathers on me your dead" she warned him.

"Alright darlin" he told her placing a quick kiss to her forehead before he went back to his task. Cassie noticed across the room Carl was beginning to open a can of dog food that having been the only thing they could find.

Rick noticed this and threw the can across the room startling some of the group. They were barely there five minutes before T-dog gave the signal they had to move on.

The group made their way out the back of the house Cassie securing her bat with nails in her backpack before getting on the back of Daryl's bike, wrapping her arms around his waist as they drove off.

———————————————————————————

The group had driving for a short amount of time when they finally stopped to check their map. They all gathered round the silver car as Glenn spread the map out so they could see where they'd been before.

"We got no place left to go" T-dog pointed out as the looked at the map.

"When this herd meets up with this one we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south" Cassie said from her position beside him.

"What you say? It's about 150 head?" Daryl asked leaning beside her on the car their shoulders touching.

"That was last week could be twice that by now" Glenn reminded them.