21

Once they arrived back both were fully dried off thanks to the suns heat. Although Cassie's hair was still a bit damp it wouldn't be too noticeable too anyone. Their hands dropped from each others still not wanting to tell the group about their relationship once they got back Daryl going to find Carol to apologise and Cassie going to find Glenn.

On the walk back she had asked Daryl if he was okay with Glenn knowing and he agreed knowing how close Cassie and Glenn were. The pair told each other everything and seeing as Glenn told her about Maggie it was only fair she told him about about Daryl.

She found him on top of the rv stood in Dales bucket hat holding a sniper on watch. As she approached she saw Shane storm away towards the woods angrily rubbing his bald head.

"Hey pizza boy" she called up grabbing his attention.

"Nuggets! Where you been?" He called down to her as she made her way up the ladder on the side of the rv.

"In the woods. How's things with Maggie? You know cause you told everyone about the barn when she told you not to"

"Thanks for the reminder Cass. Well she cracked an egg in my good hat so I'm gonna take a stab and say she's still pretty pissed" he explained.

"So that's why your rocking the bucket hat" Cassie realised.

"You like it. Think I looks amazingly handsome" he joked making different poses causing Cassie to burst out laughing.

"Yes you do"

"So what's up with you?" He asked seeing the Cassie clearly wanted to tell him something.

"Me and Daryl may have-"

"You had sex!" Glenn cut her off getting excited as her eyes widened and her cheeks went red.

"No no! God no we've just kissed a few times" she told him and Glenn's smile grew even wider.

"Finally. So are you guys like boyfriend and girlfriend now? You are right? Cause if not I will go over to him myself and tell him to get his head out his ass cause you are per-"

"It's fine Glenn we are" Cassie reassure him "Well at least I think we are cause he called me his girl soo"

"Good. Cause if I'm being honest I'm kinda scared of him" Glenn admitted causing Cassie to laugh.

Glenn then pulled her in for a hug dropping his rifle to hold her close. "I'm so happy for you Cass"

Unknown to the pair from afar Carol and Daryl saw the interaction between the two as Daryl led her towards the Cherokee rose bush to try and apologise. What Daryl knew but Carol didn't was that this was Glenn's reaction to the news of his best friends relationship.

Daryl saw the huge grin on Cassie face as the two pulled away before they both turned to face him. When he realised he was caught staring at her he ducked his head and continued to lead Carol away.

"Wow you've got him wrapped around your finger Cass. Did you see him staring! He's in looove!" Glenn cheered.

"Calm down let's not talk about love just yet" Cassie said trying to calm the excited man beside her down.

"Yeah. You two need to hurry up and have sex then say you love each other" Glenn told her.

"Glenn!" Cassie's eyes widened at Glenn's words who simply shrugged at her.

"What Cassie? We've only got so long in this world before we could end up dead. You gotta take your chances. Live a little"

"Thanks Glenn" Cassie thanked him before Maggie came past the rv.