15

As Daryl lead the small group through the woods he couldn't help but wonder where the hell Cassie,Shane,Carl and Rick were.

"How much farther" Lori asked pulling him from his thoughts.

"Not much. Maybe 100 yards as the crow flies" Daryl answered.

"Too bad we're not crows" Andrea whined as she walked a little away from the rest of the group.

As Daryl walked his mind wandered back to Cassie and wether or not she was okay. He was also trying to realise why he cared so much. It wasn't like he had feelings for Cassie was it? These thoughts were running through his head before the sound of Andrea screams broke his train of though.

Just as they were run in over to Andrea who had a walker on top of her some girl on a horse came riding out of no where smashing the walkers skull with a baseball bat.

"Lori? Lori Grimes?" the women asked as she looked around at all the people before Lori identified herself.

"Rick sent me. You've got to come now" Maggie explained.

"What?" Lori asked confused.

"There's been an accident carls been shot" she explained as loris face shifted from confused to worried. "He's still alive but you've got to come now" Lori just stood there shocked before the women said "Rick needs you just come"

As Lori took of her pack getting ready to climb on the horse Daryl stepped forward. "Whoa whoa you we don't know this girl"

Maggie took one look at Daryl and realised who he was reaching into the pocket on the side of her horses reigns. "Your Daryl right?" She asked as he nodded slightly. "From Cassie" she said as she threw him the arrow.

Daryl heard her saying something to Glenn some type of directions about how to get to their farm but he wasn't paying attention. He turned the arrow over in his hands realising it was Cassie's by the purple fletching on its end. He took the rubber band off the end of it and looked down at the piece of paper that had been wrapped around it. "Serve me servebo te" was written on it and he instantly remembered what it meant. It was the tattoo Cassie had on her chest. The tattoo he had seen and they had talked about the night of the cdc.

He folded up the piece of paper and placed it in his back pocket before any of the other group members saw. He saw the walker the horse riding women had hit with a bat ride up so be shot it in the head with a bolt before he began to storm off back to the highway, securing Cassie's arrow in the holder his crossbow had with the others so he wouldn't lose it.

———————————————————————————

As Cassie sat in the room alone with only Carl she felt the tears start to fall again. What if she hadn't lost Sophia? Then they wouldn't of been out there and Carl wouldn't have been shot. She then remember the gift she had gotten him taking the soft lion out her bag and placing it by him. He'd probably think it was too childish for him but it reminded her of the one she gave him when he was little.

Just then she heard footsteps coming and turned her head to see Rick come through the door with Lori who instantly started to sob at the sight of her son laying unconscious. As Rick held her closely Cassie got up and walked round the bed to see her sister in law pulling her into a hug of their own. When Lori pulled away she gave Cassie a sad smile before walking over to where Carl lay on the bed lying down next to him whispering comforting words in his ear. Rick and Cassie stood at the end of the bed holding hands as Lori added her own hand over the three Grimes together trying to comfort each other.

Later on when Carl needed blood again but before Rick could get the needle put in his arm Cassie insisted she would do it.

After Patricia had taken all the blood she needed Cassie went to stand up stumbling a bit from going too fast. Lori rushed to the women's side gently setting her back into the seat