10

The bright light shone from where the shutters had opened onto the group as the ones with weapons slightly lowered them

The bright light shone from where the shutters had opened onto the group as the ones with weapons slightly lowered them. Cassie looked over at Daryl with a look of uncertainty as to what was on the other side.

As they ran in the building those with guns and bows held them up ready to fire in case of danger. They had to keep an eye out to make sure none of the walkers from earlier got in behind them.

"Anyone infected?" A shout came from across the room causing Rick to raise his gun quickly at where the voice had came from.

"One of the group was. He didn't make it" Rick explained to the man who was inspecting each individual member of the group.

"What about her? The blonde one with the bow" he asked referring to Cassie and her bandages hand.

"I cut my hand open. No bites." She explained carefully unwrapping the bandage to show the small wound on her hand that was thin and beginning to heal well thank to Daryl's first aiding ability.

The man seemed satisfied by her answer and continued with his questions as Cassie went to rewrapping her hand. "Why are you here? What do you want?" The man seemed very cautious of the group but that was to be suspected in this new world.

"A chance" Rick said to the man with hope in his voice that this could be the safe place he wanted for all his family.

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know"

The man looked at their faces and he must of taken pity on them and their tired appearances when he said "You will all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that" Rick replied agreeing with the man's terms so they would be let in. Cassie noticed the uncertainty in the man's voice but didn't feel the need to bring it up at this moment.

"You got stuff to bring in you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed"

Daryl,Glenn,Cassie,Rick and Shane all ran out the doors each of them grabbing a couple bags each that belonged to different members of the group. Once they got back in T-dog and Dale were quick to close the doors behind them to prevent any walkers entering. The passed out the bags Cassie keeping a hold of the duffle bag she had which had all her clothes and a few other things in it.

She hear the man who had let them in telling someone called Vi to seal the entrance the just came in the shutters coming down again and to kill the power.

"Rick Grimes" Rick introduced himself to the man extending his hand.

"Dr Edwin Jenner"

He led the group to a small elevator which they all had to squeeze into everyone pushed up against each other. Cassie ended up in the middle of Glenn and Daryl with most of her body being pushed against Daryl's due to how cramped it was. It also didn't help how seeing they were so close together Glenn was making it his mission to try and pushed her into the redneck.