7

The group had started their journey off at a run but now they were all walking getting their breath back. Daryl walked ahead of everyone still fuming about Merle, Rick and T-dog behind him Rick worried about the rest of his family. Cassie and Glenn walked together at the back in a comfortable silence before Glenn broke it.

"Soooo" he dragged out the word clearly unsure about where to go next.

"Spit it out Glenn" Cassie said with a laugh. She knew he was stalling because whatever he was going to say she probably wouldn't like or want to hear.

"You and Daryl" he started as she let out a sigh "what's going on there?" He asked and as Cassie went to respond he cut her off "and i know what your going to say 'it's nothin Glenn' that is 100% not true. I'm not blind your falling for him."

"I am not" Cassie argued feeling her cheeks heat up,a heavy blush spreading across her cheeks that she hoped Glenn wouldn't see in the dark.

"Oh my god look at your face!" Glenn said too loudly causing T-dog to turn around and slow down so he could walk with them "Oh you so are"

"What going on here" T-dog chuckled.

"Cassie here is trying to deny her love for Daryl." Glenn explained with a laugh making T-dog laugh too.

"Ugh you two are so annoying I am NOT in love with Daryl I don't like him like that" she hissed at the pair. "I mean sure he's handsome in a way and he's got those eyes an-and he can be funny sometimes and his arms." Cassie rambled on her mind wondering. Once she finished Glenn and T-dog stared at their friend shocked truly realising the girl had a crush on Daryl. Even though she would never admit it. "Don't look at me like that" she scoffed deciding to run ahead and walk beside Daryl knowing he wouldn't pester her and she could walk in silence.

Daryl noted the presence of the girl beside him but didn't say anything. She confused him. Whenever she was around him he felt this weird feeling in his stomach that he always pushed far away not wanting to admit to himself he could feel anything right now. He was redneck trash and knew whatever he felt there was no way she'd ever return whatever those feelings were.

Rick then decided the group should start to pick up the pace so the group began to move at alight jog their light pants the only sound. They were jogging up the path towards the quarry when all of a sudden screams were heard from camp.

"Oh god" was all Rick could mutter out before the group started sprinting back to camp.

When they arrived emerging from the forest there were walkers and dead bodies all around. Shane had Carl,Lori and Carol up by the rv all of them huddled together. The group started shooting at all the walkers around them joining their campmates in the fight. Cassie was about to run over to her family when she heard a child scream. It was only when she heard Carol cry out Sophia's name did she know who the screamed belonged too. She ran as fast as she could and found the same girl running from a walker only to trip up over a rock.

Cassie took out her knife and ran towards the walker and stabbed it in the head pushing her knife in with all her force and then pulling it out again. As the walker body dropped to the ground near Sophia she instantly got up and ran for her mom despite Cassie calling her name. As Cassie went to pick up her knife she had dropped whilst cleaning on near trouser leg she heard a groan from behind her but before she could grab her knife to stab it the walkers dropped down on top of her pining her body to the ground. She was know laid down on the ground ricks hat having fallen off her head as she fell.

She kept one hand on its shoulder desperately trying to punch it off as she frantically searched for her knife in the grass beside but couldn't find it. Cassie had to put her other hand on to the walkers other shoulder or else she'd be bitten in the face.