43

After Cassie had agreed to take Michonnes help without even asking him for his opinion or even the others Rick was slightly concerned.

But he knew Cassie would be going back for Daryl no matter who went with her. So having the extra help with them to sneak back into Woodbury and retrieve him would be needed.

Since the chaos of their last break had calmed there were only the soldiers stood guarding the wall on patrol. They managed to sneak past them using the same way Rick had used earlier to get in.

The streets were empty but not in a way that calmed Cassie. It made her feel weary at the uneasiness of how quiet it was now without the shouting and gunshots.

The only sound to be heard was the shouts of people coming from somewhere inside the town. The small group made their way towards it keeping an eye out for soldiers as they went.

Glenn had been left behind with the car the group had arrived in as he was deemed in no state to try and fight. As well as Glenn,Michonne had been left behind due to Rick still not trusting her and a small injury she had.

Cassie wasn't completely sure why but she felt they could trust Michonne. She had a feeling that if she wanted to the sword welding women could hurt them if she wanted to. So the fact that they were all still fine was a pretty good sign.That meant it was Cassie,Rick and Maggie who were left to go get Daryl.

They located that the shouts were coming from some type of makeshift arena that had been made out of an old warehouse. There were stage lights stood around the room which was the only light source and around whatever was happening in the centre was a gathering of Woodbury people.

Cassie tried to get a look at what was in the middle from behind the big bin that the trio were hiding behind with their guns and last few grenades. She made out it was Daryl and Merle in the middle being made to fight each other and Rick had to grab her tightly to ensure she didn't go running after him.

They had to wait a moment before they could start their plan but by now Cassie was getting worried as the Governor made his soldiers bring walkers on leashes towards the brothers.

Cassie saw the Governor and she couldn't help but smirk at the fact he now had a bandage over his eye. She could only assume that was Michonnes doing and mentally reminded herself to thank the women later.

Cassie was disgusted by how the people of Woodbury crowded around the brothers. They cheered for them to fight each other or for the walkers to get either of the pair.

From behind her she saw Maggie aim her scoped gun and proceed to take out one walker on a leash, the man holding it and another woman who was holding a gun.

Rick then leaned out from their covered area and threw out the grenades causing smoke to flood the area. Screams could be heard from people all over as gunshots came out from all directions.

Cassie and Maggie then proved their aim to take out the lighting of the arena so that Daryl's escape could be made easier. "DARYL!" Cassie screamed so he would know where to go if he hadn't seen them.

Rick once again had to stop his sister from running into an area full of open gun fire and lose walkers roaming through the smoke. She tried fighting him off but his grip on his sister for her own safety was strong.

Soon enough after a few minutes of scanning the area with worried eyes darting back and forth Daryl emerged once again carrying his beloved crossbow. Cassie's relief quickly faded as she noticed Merle following behind him but she just wanted them all to get out unharmed so once the Dixon brothers caught up she simply went with it.

There were Woodbury citizens running along with them as they escaped the scene of their break out. The sounds of gunfire and screams yet again followed them as they made their way back the same way they came.