34

The next morning after eating granola bars for breakfast Rick,Cassie,Daryl,Maggie,Glenn and T-Dog all got the close range weapon of their choice of the small selection the group had to get ready to clear out the prison. The rest of the group were going to stand at the fence and use knives through the small holes of the fence to try and help with taking them out but while staying out of dangers way.

Before they had entered the prison yard Daryl who was stood behind Cassie had put his hands on her shoulders giving them a comforting squeeze which she knew his way of telling her not to die without any words.

Rick told the group to stay in a small circle as they made their way through so they would always have someone covering their backs meaning no one would get a surprise from a walker attack.

They opened the makeshift lock on the gate Cassie had put in the other day and made their way in stabbing and slashing at any walkers close to them. Cassie was in between Daryl and T-Dog swinging her bat into the skulls of the walkers that came near her.

T-Dog split off for a second to grab a guards old riot shield to help with keeping the walkers a safe distance away before Maggie ran out to drive a machete into a walkers skull Glenn calling her back immediatly.

They continues making their way through the courtyard staying close together at all times before they reached a red door, Rick opening it and checking for any walkers coming near but none showed. Rick looked around a corner before instantly pressing his back against the wall signalling for the others to do the same.

Walkers dressed in full riot gear came stumbling around the corner from behind a bin and whilst the other members of the group stood hard against the wall Daryl slowly walked forward crossbow ready as he was the only one to bring a long distance weapon.

More walkers in riot gear appeared near the group but when Daryl went to shoot one in the head the bolt simply bounced off the face shield the walker was wearing. "Well that worked well" Cassie commented.

Rick, T-Dog and Cassie moved forward to try and find a way to take down the walkers while they had the protective gear on covering the one place they needed to hit. Rick called for his sister as he slammed a walker in gear down to the ground. She ran to him and helped take out a few walkers before helping to close a gate which would keep a large number of them away for the moment.

They turned to see the others still trying to fight off the guarded walkers but nothing had been working. Just then Maggie tilted the head of the walker and was able to get a cut into the head of the walker with her knife because of the angle.

"See that!" Maggie cheered excitedly with a grin at the fact that something was finally working.

"Yes Maggie!" Cassie also cheered happily for her friend sharing her smile as the others managed to take down the last of the walkers in riot gear.

Now the only walkers around them still alive where the ones behind the fence that Rick and Cassie had sectioned off. As Glenn began to run over to the others to let them in to the new area they had cleaned Rick called out "Stop" causing Glenn to stand still.

"Well it looks secure" Glenn said obviously kinda confused on why Rick wouldn't want them to let the others in.

"Key word is look" Cassie told him as Daryl pointed to the other courtyard.

"She's right see that courtyard over there. And that there is a civilian" Daryl pointed out about one of the walkers they had killed.

"So the interior could be over run from walkers from outside the prison" T-Dog suggested to the group.

"Well, if there's walls down what are we going to do? We cant rebuild this whole place"

"We can't risk a blind spot" Rick said not wanting his family to be in a place that could be unsafe "We need to push in" he told them before they began to walk towards a small caged of stairway to a red door they could use to get into the prison.