Just Memories- Chapter Twenty- Three

**Flashback

"I love you Zaynie." Louis told his boyfriend who was all bloody from a fight, getting money for his family, but was also crying, finding out his little brother has even less time, him and his mum cannot get the money, there still a couple thousand pounds short.

Louis opened his window to let Zayn in, once Zayn was in Louis sneaked into Liam's room, getting some clothes, and changing Zayn, which amounted to Zayn in underwear, while Louis was tending to cuts, every so often, standing up and kissing Zayn, sometimes kissing the cuts, giving Zayn a towel to bite on when the had to put the alcohol on. Zayn's clothes were on Louis' bed, waiting to be washed.

End**

Louis obediently followed James to the doors that leads to the stairs, they walked up a flight of stairs to the elevator, then James pushed the highest button, "Start talking." James demanded, Louis started to think of something to say, "Why?" Was all he could come up with, "Why what? I hate that word." James said, just waiting for the time where he can have Louis, not having to share, next take out friends, which all he has to do is take out siblings, Calum's parents, he hate them, but has too big of heart to let either of them be hurt, and of course Ashton's secret, a secret that only a few know, meaning James and Ashton.

"Why do you want me to talk?" Louis asked, James sighed, "I enjoy hearing you talk." He answered the poor boy's question truthfully, he also knows that Liam and Zayn, along with some other people, are outside the door, trying to break it down, but they won't be able to do it fast enough to handle what James is about to do.

"C'mon Louis, you'll be fine, I promise." James tried to convince Louis to walk up the last flight of stairs to the roof, "But, we'll be on the roof, on a high building. I'm scared." Louis started to get tears in his eyes, "I don't like being up high." Louis started to cry, Liam felt his heart hurt, knowing the one thing he loved more than anything, his brother, was in pain.

"Ssh, Louis, c'mon, you'll be fine, from being up that high you'll be able to see Liam, Zayn, Niall, Harry, and Greg." James finally got sick of trying, and failing, to convince Louis, and he just picked up the small boy, carrying him out to the stairs, then up them.

"Flashing back to a time, playing games in the street, kick balls at my feet. There's a knot in my toes, standing close to the edge, there's a pile my clothes at the end of your at the end of my bed, as I feel myself fall, making joke of it all."

Everything happened in slow motion, Louis was being walked to the edge of the roof, standing up on the ledge, "Just let yourself fall." James kept saying, Liam, Zayn, and everyone else, besides Niall, rushed on the roof, Harry and Greg grabbed James, Liam and Zayn grabbed on to Louis, who was falling forward, Zayn took off his jacket and covered Louis, both boys giving him hugs.

Harry and Greg were beating James senseless, less then he already is, and Niall was calling the police.

Harry was beating James because he hurt Louis, and Louis meant a lot to Zayn and Niall. Greg was doing this because he grew up with Louis, no one, and Greg means no one, messes with Louis without getting hurt in the end.

"Who sang?" Louis asked, Zayn, who was rocking Louis back and forth on his lap while Liam was playing doctor, bent down and kissed Louis, "Me, I figured that part was perfect for this situation." He said, then started the hum the rest of the song.

In a matter of minutes the police came, and put handcuffs on two people, Harry and Greg, soon Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis started yelling, explaining everything that happened, "I'm sorry boys." The police officer said, also handcuffing James, "What about them?" Louis asked, standing up, with Zayn's help, then pointing to Harry and Greg, "Why is he only in boxers, public nudity is a crime?" One the officers asked.