Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"That was incredibly mean, sir."

Arturo looked to his assistant, Sylvia, who was still managing a smile even though what he'd done was supposedly mean.

"I wasn't that bad," he said. "Besides, I offered her back her family's company, didn't I?"

Sylvia smiled, and then shook her head. "Just don't be too hard on her. All she did was tell you to fuck off."

"Right, and now she needs something from me."

"I tell you to fuck off all the time and I need my pay checks from you every two weeks."

"Right, but I'm not trying to get your panties off."

She eyed him in that moment, her head tilted to the side, and it wasn't hard for him to say to himself that she was pretty. Beautiful, even. He had no problems flirting with her, but it had become obvious a long time ago that she was never going to go for it, so their flirting had become more of a fun game he knew he was never going to win.

"Why aren't you trying to get my panties off?"

He raised a brow at her, and then a slow smile pulled at the corners of his mouth.

Sylvia raised her hands and stepped back, a big grin on her lips that showed off her perfectly white teeth. "Don't get any ideas. I was just asking."

"I don't know. I guess I've been forgetting. Or I'm just not interested in you anymore." Arturo said. A lame excuse, but he really didn't know what else to tell her.

Sylvia planted her hands on her hips, tapped on of her feet—which he had no idea how she managed to do that wearing high heels—and gave him that look he knew so well. The one that told him she thought he was both full of shit, and being an asshole. "You know, I really don't know why we didn't hook up. That would've been perfect, like every boss and employee romance I've ever read."

"You like reading that stuff?" he asked. "I thought I was paying you to work, not to read."

"You are, but I read sometimes anyway, which reminds me, I have some reading to catch up on."

 With a grin and a swift spin in the opposite direction, Sylvia turned to go back to her desk.

Arturo blew out a sharp breath when she was gone.

He liked the flirting game he played with Sylvia. It was made more fun by the fact that there was no risk of having sex with her and ruining the fact that he had an awesome assistant. Also, he would sooner fuck his sister than Sylvia. Not that he had a sister, but still, the point was the same. Playing games was one thing, but actually getting her naked? Now that he knew her and was friends with her?

Pass.

Isla, however...