Chapter Thirteen - Dinner and Innuendo

Chapter Thirteen

It was easier for Isla to not take the bait Arturo handed out for her than she thought it would be, once she'd made the decision to be nice to him, to try and be friends with him.

Despite how secretive and strange he was being about this entire thing.

Isla shrugged. "I doubt it. There aren't too many people in the world that I hate. I don't think I hate any of them, actually."

"That'll change," Arturo said, tilting his head back as he finished off his glass of wine.

Hadn't that just been refilled?

The butler returned, but not with wine. This time, he came with a trolly. It actually had silver coverings on it like in fancy restaurants, but that wasn't enough to stop the delicious smells from reaching into Isla's nose and tickling the nerves that were back there.

Her mouth immediately watered at the thought of food, and she wasn't even all that hungry.

"Sir," said the butler, and he pulled off the tray. A cloud rose into the air like a nuclear explosion of steam. Okay, so maybe not quite like that. There was no mushroom cloud, but it was still neat to see.

Oh, and those delicious smells from before? Yeah, they were only multiplied by a thousand in Isla's nose. She had to swallow quickly, or else she feared she would start to drool.

"Thank you, Jeffery," Arturo said. "Why don't you tell our guest what we're having today?"

"Of course," Jeffery said, a smile on his mouth. "We have for you today a fillet of salmon, freshly caught this morning. It has been lightly oiled and seasoned with herbs before being baked in the oven. You should find it quite tender and flakey. The slices of avocado you have on the side go well with the fish. The mashed potatoes have been flavored with fresh milk, organic butter, and a touch of garlic. Red skins have been left on. Mr. Calendri prefers it that way, he finds the taste much better, and the cook agrees."

"Okay," Isla said.

Had that been necessary? Her nose was already telling her she would like what was served without Arturo showing off. And why was he showing off? He was getting into her panties no matter how impressive his cooks turned out to be.

Jeffery listed off everything else that was on the hot plate. There were steamed vegetables, also seasoned, and she hadn't noticed on the tray beneath the hot plate, a cold garden salad.

Jeffery listed everything he found important, from the herbs and spices used, to where everything had been grown. She thought she heard the word organic and non GMO thrown around, not to mention that some of the spices had apparently been imported, but she couldn't be entirely sure.

She was still having a mini orgasm over those smells, and that was distracting her from what the butler was saying.

Arturo chuckled. "Thank you, Jeffery, that's enough. I think she gets the point."