Chapter Eleven - Game On

Chapter Eleven

Isla put on some music for when she started surfing the Internet. That always helped her to think, and to calm down, when there was something on in the background that she could listen to.

Ugh, as if she'd told off Sebastian Calendri, got all up in his space and everything like that.

Probably not the best idea if she was trying to impress Arturo enough that he'd sign over her grandfather's business.

But, if what Orlando said was true, then they didn't much get alone either.

Of course, that didn't discount the fact that they were still family, and it might not matter how much Arturo didn't get along with him. He might still be majorly angry that Isla had yelled at him.

She needed something to do to keep her mind occupied until Arturo decided to get his ass here. So, Isla spent the next couple of minutes refreshing her memory on the Calendri's, their pictures, mostly of them a couple of years ago when the paparazzi were going even more crazy than usual to get their photos.

The Calendri's were damn near American royalty. Their wealth wasn't the most extravagant in the country, but they were definitely in the top one percent of the population.

No, what made them so beloved by the media, was the fact that Vincenzio Calendri, and his late wife, had been known for throwing extravagant balls, and not the sort to raise money for their favorite politician.

It was all charity work. Money went to school libraries, children's hospitals, women's shelters and health clinics, and a number of other places that were either in desperate need, weren't popular to donate to, or even both.

The couple had been loved the whole country over, and hailed as the perfect couple.

All of that, until it had been discovered that Vincenzio was guilty of a number of affairs.

Which all came out during his trial for the murder of his wife.

The press hadn't just had a mild liking for the Calendri's then, they'd been like sharks that had scented blood.

It had turned into reality television that everyone in the country tuned in to watch. Vincenzio Calendri, accused and on trial for his wife's murder. When he'd been found guilty, Isla had been with Jane, watching on their television. She could still recall the sound of the people in the apartments next to hers as some of them cheered, and others roared.

Isla had heard there were parties and barbecues.

She'd felt bad for it, back then, but she'd also been kind of relieved that Vincenzio Calendri would be going away, because when she'd heard about that, she'd been so sure that it meant her grandfather, her mother, her aunts and uncles, would all get their jobs back because Baciami Boutique would be returned.

Not so. Though the Calendri sons had been teenagers when the murder happened, they hadn't been children when the trial finally came. They'd been grown men, even the youngest of them. More then grown men, their educations done with, they had experience in the world of business, and Arturo had immediately taken over for his father.