Chapter Twenty-Three - Bitchy Moment

Isla definitely couldn't get any resting done while she waited for Martina to come and help her into the dress. She constantly sent off texts to Jane, knowing she would get them when her phone turned back on. Isla couldn't wait to give her all the details.

Martina arrived about an hour before Isla was expected to leave and meet Arturo and Sam. Isla had never had anyone help her dress before, not since she was a little girl, at any rate, so Martina gave instructions for what Isla had to do in the bathroom. She didn't have to wear a bra. The dress would keep her breasts high all on its own.

Isla looked herself over in the mirror of the bathroom. No bra, just her panties. Red, just to match the dress, because that seemed like the proper thing to do in this occasion. Some men that Isla had dated had liked it when she'd gone commando, so for a time, there had been a period in Isla's life when she hadn't worn any panties. Only her bras, because she liked those.

Isla got the feeling that Arturo was a man who liked a girl in nicely fitting panties. He'd mentioned at one point that he would buy her some lingerie, and he certainly seemed to enjoy tearing her panties apart.

Her decision was made. She was wearing her panties, but no bra. That was kind of a switch, but apparently the dress called for such a decision.

Then there was her jewellery. Arturo knew that Isla took pride in designing her own necklaces, rings, and earrings, so why would he buy her expensive jewellery when she would just think that hers were better? The answer, of course, was that he wouldn't. Arturo was a smart man. Smart enough to know better. Isla was only a little hesitant to admit to herself that his foresight was impressive.

Really impressive.

Also, the dress was going to be enough of a statement. Isla had the perfect set of earrings and matching necklace to go with this dress. They were in her bag, and she was going to get them once Martina was finished with the red ribbon laces at the back.

She tied them tight, and Isla was starting to see why she didn't need to wear a bra, even while wearing a dress that had only one sleeve, her tits had never been so high before. She probably looked like she had a Hollywood actress's chest. It was amazing.

"Do you have any idea where Arturo is taking me tonight?" Isla asked.

What in the world could warrant needing a dress like this?

Isla looked over her shoulder, and Martina smiled as she finished tying off the ribbons. "He wants it to be a surprise, but yes. I know where he is taking you."

"Can I take a guess?"

"You may," she said, nodding and pulling her hands back. "Your dress is not finished. If there were any jewels you preferred, we can lay those out while I do your hair."

Her hair, too? Where the hell was Arturo taking her?

Isla went to her makeup case, and when inside, she pulled out her rose necklace and earrings.

These were her favorite things to wear when she wanted something elegant but simple.

She wondered what Arturo would say when he say that her chosen jewellery for the night was actually just a couple of roses on a chain, and some dangle earrings with rose buds on them.

This dress screamed high class, and she was choosing to wear something that could just as easily go with jeans and a t-shirt.

Oh well. She hoped he wouldn't mind.

At least the bracelet looked a little more expensive. It was a thick metal shackle made up of intertwining green rose stems. All of which were metal, of course, but the look was pretty good, especially the red painted roses that were dotted throughout the stems. That looked good.