Chapter Twelve - A Little Spy

Chapter Twelve

Isla knew how to do her makeup so that her best features were highlighted, instead of just being covered up.

Enough eyeliner for her eyes, without going all the way around, made them look bigger. Her lashes were naturally dark, so she used a clear mascara. Her favorite thing in the entire world, especially since there never had to be a worry about forgetting to take it off during the night and waking up in the morning with racoon eyes.

Which was definitely something that needed to be worried about tonight, if Arturo was serious about getting her in bed.

She was fairly sure that he was.

She never wore fake lashes. She'd tried them before, but it was hard to make her look good in them. For whatever reason, Isla and fake lashes never went together, so she didn't have to worry about that.

However, red was her signature color.

Or yellow, but yellow wasn't a color she used to seduce.

Red it was. Red anything with her black hair and dark eyes always seemed to pull in a lot of good attention. And there were all kinds of good attention.

She had a great dress that hugged her ass and thighs in just the right way. Not too short, but long enough to look a little on the sophisticated side.

She never put full on red lipstick, however. That never seemed to work too well either. No one had true red lips, but, she could darken her lips by a couple of shades and still look naturally beautiful.

Also, even with her primer, too much red lipstick would noticeably come off on her cutlery when she ate. Better to put on something that wouldn't be so noticeable if the color faded, which would allow her to reapply it without Arturo noticing at some point.

She also figured that Arturo wouldn't like being kissed and having a whole lot of red on his face.

Isla had put a lot more thought into this than she'd thought.

For her shoes, she pulled out her favorite heels. They black, not red, but black went with everything, also, there was a little red on them. A red bow at the front of each foot. The toe was also open. She didn't have any color on her toes, but Isla was a big believer in pedicures. Which means that her feet would also look pretty good.

If Arturo was the sort who would be looking at her feet.

Shit. Should she bring a handbag? This wasn't a restaurant she was going to, but it almost felt that way. Where else was she supposed to store her lipstick? She'd also brought condoms. Arturo had said he had no plans on having unprotected sex, but that didn't mean Isla allowed herself to trust someone else to bring the essentials.

There was nothing for it. The handbag had to come along. At least it was small.

Next was the jewellery. All of it was her own pieces. She'd made roses out of red wire, which had taken for every to put together, but the end pieces, a matching necklace with earrings and a ring, were some of her favorite pieces to wear to events. Especially when she was trying to sell her stuff.