Chapter Six - Please, Let Me Be Your Love Slave

Chapter Six

Thankfully, Isla was able to catch a cab just outside of her building. She needed a cab. Public transportation would double the time it would take for her to get to Calendri Corp, and if she drove, there was no way she wouldn't cause a giant pile up with how much of a hurry she was in.

Thankfully, the cab drivers in this city were all samurai in traffic. She had no doubt that this guy would get her to where she needed to go, especially when she said she was in a damned hurry and there was a hundred dollars in tips for him if he got her to her destination safely.

He did. She was still late. Every time she checked her phone, the minutes were ticking by regardless of how much she wanted them to stop. Isla's body was buzzing with all kinds of energy she couldn't get rid of until she made it to Calendri Corp. That was where she needed to be and nothing else would do. She needed to stand in front of Arturo right now and tell him she was going to take his deal.

And then probably end up begging him to not turn her away.

She tossed the money at the driver when he pulled up in front of the tall glass building. There was probably more than a hundred dollars there for a tip that she could ill afford right now, but it would be worth it so long as she could convince Arturo to not be an asshole.

Isla ran through the doors, nearly breaking her ankle on her heels, and shocking quite a few men in suits who were coming and going from the building. She also almost knocked over an older business woman carrying a briefcase and talking on her phone.

Isla didn't stop, didn't look back, and didn't apologize like she knew she should have.

No time. No time. No time.

Then, of course, the fucking elevator.

She didn't have to wait for it to open for her. It was already open and teaming with passengers.

Isla hit the button for the top floor, and of course, the stupid elevator had to stop every second or third floor to let people on and off.

Isla tapped her phone against her hip, trying to keep her knee from jittering too much. If she started tapping her foot, the shoes she wore would give her away in an instant.

All the same, why couldn't any of these fucking people use the stairs? Some were going up only a flight or two of stairs, and yet they waited for the elevator, stalled progress, and made sure that another five minutes went by before she was almost to the top.

"Going to the see the boss, are you?" asked one man standing beside her. He was well dressed, cute, and had the boy next door type of face, but with enough maturity in his eyes and age in his looks, to be the sort that Isla liked to go for.

"Are you late?"

He asked that particular question with a smile on his face that normally would have made her melt. Especially with those perfectly white teeth and the way he looked at her making it obvious he was interested.