Chapter Nine - Settling In

Chapter Nine

A limo came to retrieve Isla shortly after she and Jane finished packing up all the essentials.

She expected to be able to come back and grab whatever she needed if she later realized she had forgotten something, but just in case Arturo turned into an asshole about that as well, she decided to grab what she could.

Her iPad, for a start, her kindle, one of her Jewellery making kits with some of the projects she was still working on half finished inside. That was definitely important and could not be left behind. She also brought a couple changes of clothes, shoes, and toiletries, but she was stumped on what to bring as far as lingerie went.

While working at Baciami Boutique, one of the main perks—aside from making Jewellery that her grandfather allowed her to sell in the store as part of the brand—she also got deeply discounted bras, panties, and even some teddies.

She didn't get them free, not with her family's work ethic, but the discount had also been better than what the regular employees got to have.

For that reason, she had a ton of lingerie. Everything from sassy and cute, to sexy and naughty, in all styles and colors.

She brought seven pairs of panties and seven matching bras. For the bras, some were the lacy kind, the rest were push ups. For the panties, none of them were cotton, but some were in the shapes of boy briefs, while the rest were thongs with lace trimming around her hips.

She liked those especially.

There. Arturo couldn't complain about this, or accuse her of purposely dragging her feet. This should be more than enough.

Jane hugged her at the door, and Isla had to admit it was somewhat worrying that her best friend looked like she was about to start crying. Her cheeks and eyes were getting that puffy redness that tended to come right before the water works.

Isla hugged her tight. "I'm not going to die. This will be fine. I'll get to stay in a big mansion and have servants and probably a tennis court and pool on site, and you'll get the entire place to yourself for a while. You can bring Don over and you won't have to worry about me walking in or disturbing anything."

Jane still didn't look happy. She would wallow in this for a while, Isla was sure of that.

She was going to have to call Don while she was in the limo to make sure he gave Jane a call. Maybe he would even come over and snuggle on the couch with her. That would make Jane feel better.

The driver approached Isla downstairs at the front doors. "Miss King?"

"That would be me."

"My name is Sam, I'll be your driver. Please, let me take these for you and we'll get you settled."

"Oh, okay." She should have seen this one coming. Of course any driver that Arturo got for any occasion would have to be super helpful.