Chapter Eight - Packing Up

Chapter Eight

"Oh no, Sweetie, tell me you didn't," Jane said.

The girl looked as sad and heartbroken as if Isla had told her she had plans for moving across the globe and never coming back, or regularly thought about suicide, or killed a person. Jane really did look that horrified and sad.

Isla shrugged, as if she hadn't had this conversation with herself already a thousand times since pizza and beer last night, and was still feeling totally confidant with herself. "I thought it through a lot and decided this was the way to go. We're both adults, and I have a healthy sexual appetite. Why not let this happen?"

"He's using you," Jane said. Her arms crossed as she stopped being the sad and sympathetic friend, and turned into the super pissed off friend. Even as Jane glared, Isla knew that all that anger was directed at one very handsome, black haired man who had a great set of abs, a chest most people would kill for, and a wicked looking five O'Clock shadow.

"I know, but technically, I'm using him, too."

"And he's making you get rid of your friends on Facebook. What's next, you can't call or text me without him seeing what you're sending?"

Isla lifted a brow. "That's a little melodramatic. I don't think it's that bad."

"You don't know that."

Isla didn't know that, but to be fair, the only way she could know for sure was if she was a mind reader, which she was most definitely not.

"I think it's going to be fine. He just doesn't want me talking to ex boyfriends while we're together. That's it. I can talk to them again after this is all done. I hardly ever message them anyway."

And the messages she did send were usually group messages, birthday and Christmas messages, or links to funny videos. Sometimes she would like a comment, or make a genuine post to ask how they were doing, but that was it.

There was no danger in her deleting those contacts because, even though she liked those people, they hardly ever spoke.

Not enough for it to be noticeable in just one month.

"I'll add them back on when the month is over and I get the family company back."

Jane was still shaking her head. She ran her fingers through her hair enough to make some of the strands stick up. She bit on her bottom lips and would stare at Isla with a pitying expression. And a fearful one.

"You really are scared for me, aren't you?" Isla asked.

"Of course I am. This isn't normal," Jane said. "This is the kind of thing you see or read in some erotic fantasy novel. You're going to be in the arms of the billionaire boss or whatever."

Isla liked that, and she couldn't help but smile. You pulled that title out of your ass pretty quick. Are you writing something and not telling me?"