Chapter Sixteen -Finally

Chapter Sixteen

Her lips were soft. Not slimy and wet because of any large amount of gloss, like Angelica and some of the other women he'd been with had preferred, but they were just soft. They felt warm and inviting. Arturo pressed his tongue forward, fast and hard, not bothering to ask for her permission. He didn't need it. He already had her, and she wasn't going anywhere.

Her lips parted for him, her tongue eagerly pushing back against his own, but he was already inside, taking control.

He had her, and she tasted better than he would have thought. They'd just eaten their dinner and wine, which didn't usually help with a person's taste. Not that Arturo ever minded it so long as that taste hadn't been sitting there for several hours.

But he could taste her beneath the flavor of their wine. It might have been the wine that did it, but he could swear that her kiss was intoxicating.

He was never going to describe this kiss in that way to anyone, least of all his brothers. Orlando might think it was romantic and sweet, but Arturo was neither of those things.

She tasted good. It was like something he'd never had before in his entire life.

Isla's hand grabbed tightly to the hair on the back of Arturo's head, her fingers yanking on the ponytail he had there, and he grunted from the shock of pain but pressed his mouth harder to hers. A tiny moan escaped Isla's throat, and Arturo was loath to do it, but he pulled back.

Their lips made a wet noise as they parted from each other. Isla's chest rose and fell quickly, as did Arturo's as he stared down at her. Her body was warmer now than it had been a minute ago.

Isla's eyes, those dark chestnut orbs, actually sparkled as she smiled up at him. "Was that the best you could do?"

Arturo jerked back. "What?"

Isla shrugged, then lifted one arm above her head and draped it there, an act that she had to know caused her breasts to lift, and make her look all the more fuckable. "I just thought that it would be better. You spent all that time teasing me, and then that talk about how if I didn't get off it would be my own fault, I guess I just expected you to be a better kisser than that."

Arturo took her by her other, slim wrist, and he pushed it above her head to join her other hand. He held both of her wrists in place. "And you think it's a wise move to tease me, do you?"

"Why? What are you going to do about it."

That challenging tone again, and like the first time she'd used it, it made his body respond.

Women had challenged him before, but this was different somehow.

"You're trying to play me," he said, figuring it out.

When Isla's body tensed, Arturo knew he was right.

"You think that by teasing and insulting me, you'll make me want you even more, don't you?"