Chapter Thirty-Nine - She Loved The Bastard

Chapter Thirty-Nine

She was going to kill him. She was totally going to kill him. Isla clutched the contract in her hands like it was a stress ball that she needed to take her aggression out on.

She was practically ripping it.

And Orlando stared at her from the other side of the limo like he was worried she was going to take some of that aggression out on him.

"Are you okay?"

She barely noticed any of the worry in his voice, and she absolutely could not have any sympathy for him and the fear he clearly had of her in his eyes.

"I'm fine," she said through her teeth.

The papers ripped just a little bit.

Sam was driving, but even he had been able to see from the look on her face that it was probably a better idea if he said nothing at all. Isla was so pissed that she didn't even want to ask him how his relationship with Robert was going.

She'd feel like a bitch later. For now she had big plans to take that bitchiness out on Arturo.

If Orlando said anything else to her on the ride to Calendri Corp, she didn't hear it. She barely realized it even when they drove into the underground parking lot and the limo came to a stop.

She opened the door and rushed out even before the limo came to a full stop.

Orlando's voice called out to her. "Isla, hey!"

He was right behind her, but she was heading to the elevator.

It was one of those happy surprises when the elevator doors opened for her the second her finger touched the button. She stepped inside and pressed the button for the penthouse office.

Orlando just managed to stick his arm through the doors before they slid shut on him.

The doors opened, he stepped inside, and then they closed again.

Isla stood on her side of the elevator while Orlando stayed on the other. He was only slightly red in the face, but Isla didn't think it was because he was out of shape and that little sprint had taken anything out of him.

He was probably just a little annoyed with her for constantly running off. And stunned that she'd jump out of a moving vehicle.

They were halfway up the building when he finally spoke to her. "Don't be too mad at him."

"Why shouldn't I?" she asked. Her voice was probably something Satan would love.

Orlando sighed. "I'm sure he has a good reason."

Isla huffed, but said nothing.

At least not at first. "Why did you follow me in here? Not that I'm not thankful for the ride or anything," she said. "Thanks for the ride, by the way."

Isla had just run downstairs, saw Sam in the Limo, and immediately hopped inside. She'd completely taken it for granted that Sam and Orlando would take her anywhere at all. Sam had never been her personal driver even when she'd been living in the Calendri mansion. Now that she had a couple of seconds in the elevator to think about it, the guilty bitchy feeling she'd been avoiding stomped all over her.

No, no, no. She was not going to think that way until after. She had to push it back. She wasn't going to look weak in front of Arturo when she shoved his stupid contract in his stupid face.

"I almost don't want to answer that question when you have that look on your face," Orlando said.

Isla rubbed her brow, as if that would get rid of the scowl that had formed on her face. "Sorry."