one - falling at your feet

"Hey, Austin!" A voice call him, making him turn around.

He's met with a red head female, a bright smile on her face. Holding her books tightly across her chest, she smiles at him before saying, "I'm Kim."

Austin gives her a friendly smile and a nod, making her secretly swoon. "Hi, Kim. Did you need anything?"

"Your hand in marriage!" She exclaims, almost insanely. His eyebrows shoot up before giving her one last nod and slowly backing away from her.

Girls like that is why he doesn't date many girls. Too many of them were clingy and... well, crazy. Not to be cocky or anything, but he understands he's attractive. It's not that serious, though. He's not famous or anything. In fact, his mom still buys most of his clothing for him.

Although he's the most known and liked person in the school, he's still insecure about things. Like his voice, or sometimes his nose looks too big. Which it is (via his mom). But Austin's just another teenager, trying to make it through high school to be something better.

Someone falling at his feet snaps him out of his thoughts. Suddenly, there's a shouting of, "New girl's getting on her knees for Austin!"

- - - - -

Ally's P.O.V.

I sigh for the one-hundredth time that morning. I never liked school. It's the one of the many things in life that bugs the crap out of me. I couldn't stand it, but you know what's worst about school? Going to a new school.

With new people. With new teachers. With new minds to figure out. It was horrible. I've went to three other schools before this one, so thankfully I've learned a few tricks.

My sister says that it's weird to study people, but that's how you get through life easier. Remember things that irk them, make them happy, who they're associated with, and all that other stuff. It helps at times.

I was absentmindedly shaking my leg before my sister, Laura, stops it with her hand. I look up at her hazel eyes (man, I wish I had hazel instead of dark chocolate eyes. She was gorgeous) through the lens of her glasses. "You're all signed up, alright? I have to go before I'm late for my morning classes." She speaks, pulling me up.

I give her a small smile and nod. She nudges me before walking out the door with a small wave. I then find myself in front of an old lady. I give her a smile before leaning on the desk. "Ally Dawson."

She nods her head towards the paper in front of me. I grab it and see that it's mine. After she sees my confused expression, she says, "That paper includes your locker number, schedule, lunch period, and everything else you need." She speaks.

Smiling, I give her a nod. "Thank you. I hope you have a lovely day." The lady gives me a small smile and waves as I leave.

As soon as I enter the main hall, whispers about 'the new girl' start. People are eyeing me, some boys whistling and girls scolding and scoffing. I almost want to smirk. I love being intimidating to females. And all people.

I never looked down nor did I look anyone's way. Although, looking down would've probably stopped someone from tripping me.

My belongings splatter out of my bag and on to the hall floors. My cheeks turn red when a few of my pads fall out. Everyone laughs and I groan as I open my eyes.

I'm met with a pair of Converse. Great, I fell on someone's feet. What a great start of the day. Just as I start to get up, someone yells, "New girl's getting on her needs for Austin!"

I gasp and fall back down on my ass in shock, making everyone laugh harder. "Here, take some pads so your ass won't hurt as much." Some laughs out before throwing the pads that were in my bag at me.

I bite my lip and ball my fists. I'm here for a new start; I can't get thrown out of here, too.

The person standing in front of me crouched down to my level to help me up. Before I can thank them, they're back on the floor collecting my items. For some reason, the laughing calms down a lot. There's still snickering, but it's strange how it calmed so quickly.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by a blond male, with a friendly smile on his face, giving me my bag back. "Here," he says with a smile. "I'm sorry. I wish this was one of those cheesy, romantic movies. Then I would've caught you and you'd kiss me."

I laugh at his joke. It's a real laugh, too. "Um, thanks, but you don't have to apologize. I think this is what I get for walking in the school with so much confidence."

"You need help with your locker? I can help you find it." He suggests politely.

I looked around to see everyone doing whatever they were before I entered the room. Everything went back to normal in the span of two minutes. I turn back to the boy and nod, making him grin. He takes my paper and his grin widens. "Hey, locker buddy," he laughs out. "You're right next to me."

The blond grabs my wrist and pulls me in a different hallway. I look around and see all of the flyers and posters hung up on the walls. There's one that interests me a bit so I tap the blond's (I should really ask for his name soon) shoulder. He looks at me with raised eyebrows, as if he's telling me to continue.

Pointing to the flyer, I ask, "Music class? Are those one of our electives or...?"

His face lights up. "It's an elective, but the teacher's really cool, so you can go into her class anytime you want. Well, not during class time, but you get my point. I've been taking it since Sophomore Year."

As we turn the corner, the blond doesn't see to see the wall in front of him. He slams into it and I gasp, covering my mouth. I should ask if he's okay, but the bubbling laughter was building inside of me. After seeing that he was perfectly fine, I laugh loudly.

His cheeks redden and he nudges me. "I could have hurt myself and here you are laughing," he speaks. I calm my laughter down into small giggles. "And here we are."

I give him a smile and pull out the paper once more to look at my combination. "Thanks for helping me this morning," I thank him, opening the locker. "I never got your name, but I'm Ally."

"I'm Austin, and it's nothing, really," he speaks leaning on the locker next to mine, which I'm guessing is his. "And don't worry, I have a younger sister, so I know a lot about... uh, women items. I have to buy them for her when my mom's at work."

I let out a small laugh and nod. I grab my binder, notebook, schedule, and journal before closing it once again. "Do you know where... biology is?" I ask Austin, looking at my schedule.

"Let me see your schedule," he says and grabs it from my hands. "We have
biology, english, gym, and algebra together and you have my lunch period, too."

"That's--" I start to say but the bell rings, cutting me off. I look around and see everyone rushing to their classes. Just as I start to walk away from my locker, I get shoved right back with someone snapping, "Watch where you're going, pad girl."

I take a deep breath and ball up my fists once more. No fighting. Violence isn't good. Especially on your first day.

Austin grabs my wrists again and I look at him. "Don't worry 'bout them, alright? I'm pretty 99.9% of females have had their period, too. They're just childish and act like they've never seen pads or tampons."

"I understand you know what pads are, because of your sister, but why do you know what a tampon is?" I asks, raising an eyebrow.

His cheeks redden once again and he mutters, "My mom explained them to me for 'future references'." Austin says embarrassed.

I giggle before realizing that we needed to get to class. "We have biology together, so can you lead the way?" I ask.

He nods before pulling me by my wrist towards the stairway. "We have to hurry, class starts in, like, a minute."

So... how do you like it? Vote and comment, please!