nineteen - help

Laura yelps in shock at the counter when a pair of hands that grab hold of her torso.

She was up in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep from being too stressed with Ally, work, and school. It was so much work. Especially Ally and she was the most complicated of them all of.

Ross had slept over because they dozed off and woke up at about one, so there was no point in him leaving. He doesn't sleep over much due to obvious and Ally reasons, but it was nice when he did.

"Didn't mean to scare," he chuckles, going on the side of her. "What's up? Why are you up?"

"I'm stressed," Laura sighs, looking at him. "I kind of feel bad for Ally. Everytime something is right in her world, something manages to mess it up. First Kira and now Austin is being a dick towards her.

"Woah, what?" Ross asks, raising his eyebrows at his little brother being mentioned. "Austin's being a what? What'd he do?"

Laura sighs and says, "At school, Austin compared Ally to her abusive ex because he befriended Kira and Ally wasn't okay with it."

Ross raises an eyebrow and asks, "Why should Ally have to approve of who he becomes friends with? Doesn't that show signs of possessiveness?"

"You don't know what Kira did to Ally. Hell, I don't even know the other quarter of it. But Austin does and he used that information to his own advantage in an argument."

"But if he won the argument, wouldn't that mean whatever he compared her and her ex is true?"

Laura raising an eyebrow at him. "What are you trying to say, Ross?"

"Maybe Ally is just a bit controlling and possessive," Ross shrugs, looking down at her. "Girls can be the abusive one in relationships, too, you know."

"Look, Austin was well-aware Ally wasn't a good day so far and for him to do what he did right in front of Ally is so inconsiderate of him---"

"But it was also inconsiderate of Ally to be mad at him for being friends with someone. What if he likes being her friend?" Ross argues back, cutting her off as he does so.

"But he pulled the ex card? I told you about Tony and you haven't even pulled a thread on that yet, so for him to say something like that in less than a week makes him the asshole. Not my sister. And if he likes being her friend that much, he should be her friend on a day his girlfriend isn't on the verge of punching everything in her way."

They both glare at each for moment before Ross sighs and looks straight forward with a hard look. Laura blows out and breath and looks down, biting her lip.

"Now, I'm arguing with you," Laura says, though her voice cracks as she does so. Ross looks at her to see a tear slide down her face, so he sighs and wraps his arms tightly around her. "I'm so sorry."

"Shhhh."

----

"Hey," Laura says softly as she enters Ally's room. Her younger sister looks up from her notebook she was writing in and then sighs, looking back down and going back to her writing. "I wanted to check if you were all right. I officially haven't seen you in a whole day. Hungry? I-I made strawberry waffles and bacon."

"I'm good," Ally murmurs, sighing. She reaches over to her desk and grabs a red pen. "Not hungry."

Laura sighs and walks more in the room. "Well, um, how are the visions? Are the meds helping?"

Ally's pen pauses on the page of her notebook. She takes a shakily breath and squeezes her eyes shut. "I-I don't take them anymore."

Laura looks at her younger sister in shock. Her eyes suddenly go furious at her, "Ally, what?! When was the last time you took them?!"