three - intense gym

Ally's P.O.V. (next day)

I groan as my locker refuses to open. I did the correct combination and stopped at zero. It opened yesterday, why would it open today? School irks me too much.

I hear a chuckle behind me and a finger goes on top of mine. I look up and see it's Austin and before I can look back at our hands, the lockers open. I scrunch my eyebrows and frown. "How'd you do that?"

He moves his finger away from mine and goes to open his locker. "Good morning to you too," he says with a small giggle. "And you have to push up and jiggle it to the right."

I nod and put my bag in my locker, taking the same items from yesterday out. "I hope you're not just being generous and you actually want to be my friend." I speak, closing my locker and looking at him.

Austin chuckles, closing his locker, also. He leans on it and crosses his arms then says, "I thought it was obvious I wanted to be friends when I hit you with a gummy fruit snack. I don't just throw food at anyone."

"I suppose throwing food will be our thing?"

He nods with a grin on his face. I guess he remembers something because his eyebrows scrunch up and he asks, "Do you have a sister named... Laura, I think?"

I raise an eyebrow and nods. How'd he know Laura? I haven't even told him my last name yet. "Yes, why? You know her?"

"I don't, but my brother does. He's taking her on a date on Friday."

"Oh! Laura told me about him!" I exclaim. "How'd you guys get to the subject that I was her sister?" I ask, wincing as he tugs my wrist. "I can walk to class without you gripping wrist."

"Right, sorry," he apologizes and lets go. "Oh, and I was kinda hoping she had a sister for me because I haven't went on a date in, like, forever. Girls act like I'm some famous rockstar just because I'm good looking and somewhat talented."

"I'll go with you," I say as we climb the stairs. "Not an actual date, though. Maybe we just hang out. We just moved to Denver and I don't have any friends. Well, except you now."

"If it's not exactly a date, then what's the point?" He chuckles out. "That was the point of me asking if Laura had a sister."

I shrug. "I haven't hung out with anyone since I've came here, though. Maybe they could go on their date and tag along, so we can hang around." I suggest, raising my eyebrows.

"Hmm," he hums as we climb the stairs. "Maybe. I'll have to ask my brother, and you'll have to ask your sister, but I'm sure they won't mind."

I grin and laugh as he trips over the last stair we have to climb. I grip his arms to steady him and then he's laughing, too. "You're very clumsy."

Austin's cheeks turn red and he runs his fingers through his hair. "Maybe it's something about your perfume or something, because I've been tripping since I've met you."

"Maybe it's something about my flawless looks," I gush playfully and give him a purposely awkward pose, giggling as I almost lose my balance.

"Wow, is she seriously trying to strut for Austin? She looks like a dumb, wannabe slut."

I stop my pose and giggling. Turning around, I'm met with snickering people. I'm not sure who said it, but I know I'm not going to keep quiet.

"Thanks for calling me a slut," I say sarcastically, looking at everyone in the hallway. "You know, because there's absolutely something wrong with sex. There's actual reasons to slut-shamimg, right? Even though I'm literally just standing in front of a boy."