twelve - studying

"Welcome to my room." Ally say with a bored voice as she opens the door to her room for Austin.

They had been partnered together up together for a speech, and essay, in their English class. As much as she was indifferent to school, she was in Advanced English. It was her only advanced class, she didn't mind, though.

Fortunately, this was the first partner project of the year, so they had simple subjects for the first time.

"Your room is so messy," Austin comments as he takes a seat on her bed, which is surprisingly made.

Ally flops on the bed next to him, smiling as she did so. "The one perk of not having a mom around? I'm not told to clean up my room."

Austin frowns a bit, but shrugs it off, knowing her mom not being around must've became a normal thing. "Doesn't Laura tell you to clean up?"

She sits up and stands again, going to her desk to grab something. "Yeah, and I do. Twice a week, anyway."

The blond chuckles and stands also, only to bend down and pick the clothing off of the floor. "Well, I suppose I'll clean up for you."

He hears her laugh and as she bounces back on to her bed, her legs criss-cross.

"Good. I didn't feel like cleaning up this week, anyways." Ally tells him, laughing when he picks up one of her bras. He's holding it as if it's burning his fingers. "It's just a bra, Austin."

Austin holds it to his chest, making her snicker. "You're so tiny,"

Ally raises an eyebrow and looks down at her chest. She brings her hands up to her breasts and cups them both, leveling them up and down. She scrunches he nose as she says, "I'd say I'm pretty good up here."

The blond raises an eyebrow, chucking. "You're odd."

"As I've been told," the brunette says nonchalantly. "Okay, while you clean, let's discuss the subject."

"It's just a basic personality project. Like, you learn things about your partner, but describe it in a more enchanted way."

"I have no idea what that means."

Ally opens her notebook and crawls towards her desk to retrieve a few pens, high lighters, and pencils (mechanical pencils, though; she hates wooden pencils).

Austin picks up a shirt and throws it in an empty basket. "Hmm, like, what's your favorite color?"

"Um..." she thinks for a moment, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "I suppose red, I guess."

"First thing that pops up in your head when you think of red."

Ally shrugs and says, "Relationships, maybe?"

"Why does red remind you of relationships?"

"My heart is basically black, because blood is black until it hits air, then it turns red," Ally starts to explain, writing something down. "like, when I wound myself, it turns red. It's almost like opening up to someone. When I first meet them, I'm locked in with the black blood, no way to get out. I'm closed to them. Then, we start to get closer and closer that it wounds me, making the black blood escape with no way to return, so it turns red"

"Once I've let my black blood escape me, I can't put it back. It's red forever. Which is referring to my memories; I can't forget someone once I've established them in my head."

Austin blinks, trying to process her words. It's not that he didn't under it, he's just shocked. He didn't know she was going to be so deep and creative with her response. At least he knows why she's in Advanced in this class now.