twenty-two - first date

"How-How do I look?" Ally asks, walking into the kitchen area from her bedroom, nervous as she could be. She had on a thin, velvet, long sleeved shirt and a high waisted shirt that overlapped her shirt, which went just above her knees.

Okay, so maybe Austin's opinion did matter to her. Like, really matters. He was her boyfriend after all. It's not bad wanting to look good for your boyfriend, right?

Of course, it wasn't bad. She's just freaking out. For what reason? She doesn't know. She's never been this nervous for a date. Actually, she used to get nervous around Jasper, but she was more scared for her health than nervous if he'd think her dress was okay.

Laura looks away from the counters and looks back at her younger sister. "You look great," she chuckles, going back to looking for a snack. "Put on some tights, though. It's gonna be cold tonight."

Ally nods and takes a breath before hurrying to her room.

Laura finds the box of pretzels she was looking for and grins before moving away from the counter. Just before she can dig her hand into the box, there's a soft knock on the door. She groans, taking the box with her as she went to the door. Laura looks in the lock to see who it was. She sees blond hair and groans once again.

"Are you Austin or Ross?" Laura asks, leaning on her hip.

"Austin!" The person exclaims on the other side, laughing.

Knowing Austin's voice from Ross', Laura opens the door and sees Austin, wearing a thick coat and a beanie on his head. She just sees his pants, but they're good pants, so she gives him an approving nod.

Laura moves out of the way to let him in and closes the door after he's entered. "Your date went to put on some tights, but she'll be back in, like, a minute, knowing how nervous she is."

"Ally's nervous?" Austin asks, genuinely surprised.

Laura nods stuffing a pretzel I'm her mouth. "I thought you'd be the one siked out, but I guess I was wrong. Calm her down for me."

Austin nods at her request before moving to a different subject. "You know, Ross---"

"Don't want to hear it," she interrupts, raising an eyebrow. "I won't yell at you because I know he put you up to this, but just be sure to tell him that we'll talk when he learns that I do have a busy schedule and setting up a 'surprise date' in the middle of the week, isn't such a great idea."

"Laura, the strap of my bra is itching. I think there's some wire poking out, could you..." she stops talking st the site of Austin, standing in the middle of the room, his head now turned toward her with a slight smile. "N-Nevermind."

"You guys know the drill. I want her back by ten, ten thirty is exceptional, but not ten forty-five," Laura explains, starting to walk off. "I'll be awake when you guys get back, so don't even try that funny business."

"We won't, don't worry," Austin giggles like a small child at the mention. He goes to grab Ally's coat and helps her put it on. "But maybe... push the curfew to eleven? It takes about twenty to get there."

Laura sighs and walks to her room. "Fine, but I want you both at least by the door by eleven, got it?"

"Yes!" they both answer, opening the door to leave.

The both of them finally leave the apartment, excited for the night. Austin moves his hand from her back and reaches down to grab her hand. "So... I've heard from a sister that you were nervous?"

Ally sighs and looks down, a frown forming upon her face. "I-I don't know why. I mean, we've hung out lots of times, so technically, this isn't our first date. It's just a date while we're actually dating and I'm really scared for some reason."