thirty-one - court

"Before you start, I just wanna let you know that Jasper has came back," Ally says to her social worker after the lady observes her appearance. "I haven't been in the best shape."

Ally was almost sickly pale at this point. She had bags, her face was breaking out, and her hair has been styled into a low bun almost everyday. She didn't need for the lady to let her know the obvious.

The lady's eyes widen slightly. "Have you called the police?"

"We're going to court with it tomorrow," Laura says from the living room's couch, raising the files. "We've been working on this case for a month now. Tomorrow, we present the evidence to the court."

"Oh, you should've told me," the wonan sighs, giving Ally a look of sympathy. "I could've sent you all the information I've been collecting on Ally for the last two years."

"Just fax it over to me," Ross speaks from beside Laura. He stands from his spot and comes to the kitchen. He holds out his hand, wanting her to shake it. "I'm Ross. I'm Laura's friend and Ally's boyfriend's brother. I major in law at my school, so I've been doing my best with this case. The most the evidence, the better."

"Just write down your information and I'll for sure get you the documents."

For once, her social worker stirs the conversation away from her and to the case they were working on. The woman also gets to finally meet Austin, as he was there for her as well. It's pretty nice meeting with her social worker.

Once she leaves, Laura and Ross continue organizing their case and Austin and Ally go to Ally's room.

"When this is all set and over with, I'm stuffing you with food and treating you to a spa day, then after that, we're gonna have sex, and you're gonna sleep for two whole days."

Ally chuckles at her boyfriend, who was currently sitting at her desk chair, staring at her. "What is the sex gonna do for me?"

Austin shrugs, looking at her like she's supposed to answer. "I don't know. We've had sex twice now and I still don't know what I'm doing, but you seem to be happy after it."

"Do I look that bad, though," she asks after chuckling. She moves herself off of her bed to look into the mirror on her wall. "Oh, yeah, I do."

"You still look beautiful," he says softly, patting her lap gently, wanting her to sit there. "But you also look unhealthy. I get it, though, which is why I'm not gonna force you to eat more or be suddenly happy, or whatever."

Ally smiles lightly and comes to sit in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck to get comfortable. "I know I've been saying this a lot lately, but I really love you, Austin. You haven't even known me for a year and you put up with so much of my crap."

Austin smiles and he slips his hands under her red sweater, rubbing her back soothingly. "When the days feel like they're too much for us, I always remember how we were before this whole thing started. It reminds me how great it's gonna feel when this is over and our bond is stronger than ever."

Ally swallows at his words. She couldn't believe everything he says to her makes her fall in love with him even harder. For someone who has barely had a girlfriend other than herself, she was impressed and lovestruck with how he handled her.

"One day, you're gonna fuck up," Ally says, looking up at him. "You're too perfect. Something is wrong with you and you just haven't shown it yet."

Austin chuckles and places a peck on her lips. He stands with Ally in his embrace. Austin walks over to her bed and sets her down. "Let's watch a movie."

//

Austin sleeps over to help her prepare for the court hearing. She didn't need preparing, but moreso moral support.