seven - partying

"Austin," I say over the phone, annoyed with him. "I'm going to the party, whether you want me to or not."

He's been annoying me by constantly warning me about the party. I understand he's watching out for me and I really appreciate it, but we're in high school. Of course I'm going to go to a party.

Also, if it's Jessica he's worried about, I don't see what's the problem. She's actually pretty cool. I'm sure she has just a bit of a crush on me, but I still don't see what's so bad about her. Jessica was basically the lesbian version of me.

Austin and I have only known each other for a few weeks, and he's been nothing but a nice, sweet, and funny guy. I don't want to say he's clingy, because I'm still a bit new to the school so I'm sure he's just watching out for me. But now he's just being over protective for no reason.

I roll my eyes and hang up my cell phone as he starts giving me warnings again. Sighing, I go back to dressing myself, like I was before Austin called.

Before I can grab my shorts that were laying on the bed, someone knocks on my door. I already know it's Laura so I shout, "Come in!"

Just as I expected, Laura walks in, wrapping herself tighter in another one of her huge sweaters. Her smile falters a bit, seeing me in my undergarment. "I'm sorry, were you getting dressed?"

"Yeah, but it's alright," I say, slipping on the high-waisted shorts. "Did you want anything?"

"Um, Ross is coming over tonight," Laura informs me shyly, making me smirk and fold my arms. "We're going to watch a movie or two. I just wanted to tell you before you went to the party."

I nod and go to my dresser for a shirt. I pull out a short, white, loose shirt. I sip it on and look down, it showed a bit of my stomach, but only half of my bellybutton. "I wanna bellybutton piercing."

Laura's raising an eyebrow when I look up at her. "Um, piercings? Ally, you're barely 17 and you have a tattoo already. I'm not letting you pierce your body; you'll regret it."

I roll my eyes at her. "It's my body, I can do what I want to it."

She frowns at my objection before replying with, "You'll regret it, Ally."

"I'm pretty sure I'll be fine," I say coldly, glaring at her. "It's not like I'm getting a tattoo of my past boyfriend's name on my hand, or anything like that. Because that'll be stupid."

Laura's eyes widen and her frown deepens. She takes a glance at her knuckles and then looks back up at me, tears filling her eyes. "Alright, since you wanna bring up that, do whatever the hell you want. I don't care anymore." Laura squeaks out, trying to stop herself from crying, before sprinting out of the room.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. I don't know why I said that; it was a sensitive subject from her. I know I have a very low temper, but that was just mean and rude of me.

She'll get over it by tomorrow.

My phone vibrates on my bed and fall back on my bed and grab the phone. I scrunch my eyebrows at the unknown number on my phone. Me being me, I click answer and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Um, hello? Is this Ally? It's Jessica; I got the number from Austin."

I smile and sit up. "Hey, Jessica. I was just getting ready for the party. Did you want anything?"

"I was going to ask if you needed a ride. There's only a few people here right now so I didn't know if you wanted to come early or come later." Jessica says sweetly on the other line.

"Sure. All I have to do is throw on my shoes and some lip gloss," I say, sitting up and reaching for my lip gloss on my nightstand. "Can we stop at a gas station, too? I want a Mountain Dew."