fourteen - sibling talks

Austin comes down the stairs for breakfast late, not being able to fall asleep last night at all.

Ross is the only one in the kitchen, making Austin confused for a second. But he then realizes it's four o'clock in the afternoon. Well, he guesses that calls off breakfast pancakes.

Ross sees movement and looks up from his phone to look at his younger brother. "Why are you just waking up? It's four in the afternoon."

Austin stretches as he walks over to the refrigerator for something to eat. "I couldn't sleep 'til five," he says, finishing his stretching. "and I need your advice."

"On?" Ross asks, jumping on the counter.

"Well, Ally and I kind of kissed yesterday and---"

"Wait, you guys kissed yesterday?" Ross questions once again, grinning. "Finally!"

"Yeah, whatever," Austin murmus, sighing. "after kissed, we hung for a bit more and then when we going back to her and Laura's apartment, that girl I was 'seeing' came out of literally nowhere and dragged me away."

"So you left Ally?"

"No, I was dragged away."

"Did you try to decline her?"

"No, but---"

"Then you left Ally," Ross says, rolling his eyes and jumping down from the counter. "since when do you even like Ally? At first I thought you did, but Laura told me that she's been through some things, so I just believed you weren't trying to move past that line with her."

Austin shrugs and sighs. "She kind of... told me about her parents yesterday."

Ross raises an eyebrow. "That's probably her deepest secret and you go off with another girl after she tells you? Wow, such logic ya got there, little bro."

"I didn't mean to!" Austin exclaims, pulling at his hair. "I just--- I don't know. I don't even know if I like her; I don't see why I'm stressing over this so much."

"This isn't even about romantic feelings, Austin. You do realized you walked off with another girl after Ally told you something she'd probably only tell people she could trust, right?"

Austin sighs and shakes his head. He looks down at the counter with a frown. He had never thought about looking at it like that. Ally's probably more upset than he'd ever be. She'll never want to speak to him again.

"I-I didn't think about it like that." Austin says with a sigh before running his hands through his hair.

"I might stop at their apartment later after I run a few errands," Ross says, patting his shoulder. "you should come and talk to her."

Austin nods before running a hand through his hair and leaving the kitchen to shower.

-----

"... I don't know if you're for real!" Laura bolts out the lyrics, placing the chocolate chips in the cookies. "But I like the way it feels!"

"No, don't even scream the next note," Ally says as she enters the room, making the older brunette jump. She turns off her phone's music. "you'll sound like what Mariah sounds like now. Listen to the Ariana Grande version. She can still sing."

"Shady," Laura chuckles as she grabs the bag of M&Ms. She pours some in her hand and places some in the cookies. "want some M&Ms?"

Ally shrugs and grabs the bag. "Why are you making cookies, anyways?"

"I was hoping you and I could hang out and watching movies and stuff. We haven't done that in a while."