nine - next morning

I moan in pain as I feel the everlasting headache come back.

Man, I hated hangovers. My head felt like it was going to explode, my legs were sore, and it felt like the emptiness of my stomach was somehow going to exit me. The room was cold, due to the fall weather, but I felt like the room was in fire.

Just as I'm about turn over to try to fall asleep, I feel vomit coming up my throat. Groaning, I cover my mouth and quickly get up to scramble to the bathroom.

I bump into Laura and she gives me a worried look, but I shake my head and continue my way to the bathroom. I open the door and fall to my knees, gagging up whatever was inside of me.

I don't understand how a person could throw up so much when they haven't even eaten anything in hours.

I feel someone rubbing my back. Looking up, I see it's Laura, a concerned look on her face. I spit out whatever was left in my mouth and let her help me up, bringing me into the kitchen.

"You really shouldn't drink that much," Laura tells me, filling up a glass of water. She grabs the little container of pills, which I'm guessing is Tylenol. "I know you don't like me nagging you, but it's seriously not safe to get so many hangovers. It gives you more migraines, and throwing up causes you to eat more, and---"

I roll my eyes and lean my head on the counter as I ask, "Since when are you a fucking doctor? Thought you were studying to be a teacher."

Laura blushes and smiles, placing the water in front of me and two pills next to it. "Ross wants to be a doctor when he gets his degree---"

"Hm, Austin said he was studying to be a scientist."

Laura just shakes her head before continuing. "You need your degree before studying in a subject like that. Anyway, He's such a nerd; he loves bringing up random facts when I mention something that's somehow related to a topic. He's learning about the head area right now."

I smile at her. She seemed happy with Ross. Although we're not as close as we should or could be, I still want her happy. She's my sister, how could I not?

"So, have you guys made it official? Like, are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asks before throwing the pills in my mouth and quickly drowning down the water.

She blushes once again and nods, running her hand through her hair. "Yeah, I asked him last night. He didn't respond for a while so I thought we were moving too fast or something, but when it was the for home to head back home, he kissed me goodbye and 'night, girlfriend'."

"Okay, even I have to admit that was cute." I chuckle out, putting the dish in the sink.

Laura smiles and leans against the kitchen table before asking, "How are you and Austin?"

"We're not dating." I tell her bluntly.

"I know that, Ally," I hear her chuckle, walking towards me to rub my back again. "But when Austin dropped you off last night, he said something about you mentioning memories."

My eyes snap open and I quickly sit up. "I what!"

I look at Laura in panic before turning and leaning against the counter, breathing heavily. I close my eyes, trying control my breathing.

"Why are we in an alley?" I ask the brunette, confused as to why he pulled me into the dark passageway.

Suddenly he's grabbing my ponytail and pushing me against the wall. I groan at the contact and arch my back in pain. "Why the hell are you dressed like some sort of prostitute?"