five - arcade

"What about this, Ally?" Laura asks, rushing in the room with an oversized sweater, a pair of dark blue jeans, and some boots.

I roll my eyes and continue to stare down at my phone. "That's the seventh outfit you've tried on, sis. All we're doing is going to the arcade." I say, standing up to turn the television off.

"I'm going with this," she says, then rushes back to her room. I roll my eyes once again as she calls, "ponytail or bun!"

"Neither!" I shout back just as someone knocks on the apartment door. "They're here!"

I stand and walk over to the door. Once I open it, I'm met with two blonds. I raise an eyebrow as I look at both of them. "Woah, you two could be twins."

"I could say the same for you and Laura," The blond, I'm supposing is Laura's date, says. "I'm Ross, and you must be Ally."

"It's nice to meet you, Ross," I say with a grin and a nod before stepping out of the apartment to greet Austin, who's leaning on the wall while on his phone. "It's rude to be on your phone while I'm standing in front of you."

Austin looks up before giving me a nod and a grin. "Sorry, Ally. Some girl at our school got my phone number. I have no idea how to block her phone number."

I smirk. "I can call her and scare her for you," I suggest, leaning on the wall next to him. "I am 'Moon's girl'. I have every right to snap on someone if they mess with my boyfriend, right?"

Austin laughs and shrugs. "We'll see, buddy."

"I'm sorry!" Laura calls as she runs to and out of the door. She closes and locks it before leaning on it, out of breath. "I couldn't find my purse! Then when I did, my keys weren't in there! They were on the coffee table! Why didn't I think to look on the coffee table?!" She cries out, running her fingers through her hair.

"She's a rambler, isn't she?" Ross asks, looking back at me. I laugh and nod. "Cute."

Laura relaxes and smiles at him. He grins back at her. As sweet as the moment was, Austin had bet me twenty bucks that he'd beat me at wack-a-mole, so I don't really have time for this. "Okay, stop the lovey-dovey-ness. Time to go."

- - - - -

"I haven't been to the arcade in years!" Laura comments happily, getting out of Ross's car.

I fold my arms around my chest as I get out and bluntly says, "I think the idea of the first date being at an arcade is pretty cheap."

"Actually, my original idea was to take Laura, by herself, on a date to the library," He tells me then looks at Laura. "I noticed that you had a different book everyday, so I supposed you liked reading."

My sister gives him a nod, a blush spread across her cheeks as she smile. "Yeah, I love reading. Ally calls me a bookworm."

"Because you are." I chuckle out as we go inside.

I look around the place and raise my eyebrows. I haven't been to the arcade in about three years so, I don't know why I expect it to be the same. It wasn't bad; everything was just upgraded. There were more games, prizes, the old ones were still there, but they were unoccupied, probably because no one barely touches them anymore.

"Can we play the balloon race?" Laura asks Ross happily, gripping on to his forearm when she sees two players leaving the game.

"Yeah, sure," He agrees with a laugh as she pulls him towards the games. "We'll call you guys when it's time to go!"

Austin stuffs his hand in his pocket before asking, "What do you want to do?"

I shrug and stick my hands in my hoodie's pockets. "What do you usually do when you come here?"