twenty-seven - bad return

"You sure you don't wanna come up?" Ally asks, giving him her best innocent smile as they were parked outside her apartment.

"Yes, I'm sure," he chuckles, leans across to lightly peck her lips. "My mom needs me to help her with her spring cleaning. If it's not too late when we're finished, I'll stop by."

Ally sighs and nods, pushing herself forward to kiss his lips. She pulls back after a moment and grabs her bag from the back. "Okay, text me later. Love you."

"Love you, too," he says with a grin as she gets out of his car. "And I'll text you when I make it home."

She waves to him as enters the apartment complex. She can hear him pull off as soon as she makes it inside.

A smile is stuck on Ally's lips as she walks to her apartment. Austin always left her with a feel of bliss and nothing less. He had that effect on her. No matter how their day went, she'd always count on him for a smile or a laugh.

Ally is going through her bag for her key as she goes up the stairs, the smile not falling from her face. Once reaches the upstairs and looks up from her bag, her smile instantly drops as she looks up and is met with two figures.

She drops her bag and the two people turn to look her, making her freeze in her spot.

The male licks his lips and turns to look at her. "Ally."

Tears automatically blur up her vision. She's not able to move until he starts walking towards her. Ally quickly grabs her bag off the ground before turning on her heel and making a dash back down the stairs.

No, this had to be fake.

"Wait, Ally!" He exclaims, chasing after her on the stairs.

Although she knew she couldn't outrun him, she's in shambles once he touches her arm.

"Wait," she giggles nervously as she pushes herself away from the boy while they were kissing. His green eyes meet hers and Ally quakes with nerves. "Um, I'm not ready... yet."

He only pull her closer, planting a sloppy kiss on her neck. "It's been a year, baby. You can't make me wait forever."

She doesn't answer him for a moment, trying to make herself feel comfortable with him kissing and touching all over her. But the comfort never comes; in fact, discomfort makes an appearance.

His hand goes up her yellow dress and Ally pushes him away gently, frowning at him as their eyes met once again. "I'm not gonna make you wait forever. It's just... not now, you know? I mean, we're in the back of your truck and... I'm just not ready."

"So you don't wanna have sex with me because I can't afford a hotel room or something?" He snaps, making her eyes widen at his assumption.

"You know what? You're nothing but an ungrateful, useless little shit,"
He splats, glaring at her. "We can't have sex, we can't go back to you place, we can't—"

"Well, Laura doesn't like you, so if she saw you—"

"I'm not more important than your lame ass sister?!" He snaps, making her flinch. Jasper rolls his eyes and runs a hand through his hair. "If you can forgive me, her bitch ass can, too. I mean, I didn't hit her, now did I?!"

"Well, no, but—"

"Maybe it's just you who doesn't want me at your house. Because I'm an embarrassment, right? I'm the big bad piece of shit to you. All I do is forgive and forgive and forgive and I'm still not worth shit to you, huh?" Jasper snaps, clenching his fists.