Chapter 29

K E N T

"Weird," I muttered.

Kevan raised a quizzical eyebrow and smiled. I just find it weird the way he eats his double cheeseburger. He would spread the bread open, carefully arranged several strips of french fries side by side, and top it of with a squirt of ketchup. I find it even weirder when I realized Jansen eats his cheeseburger the same way. Well, not exactly the same way; but Jansen is fond of stuffing french fries on his cheeseburger, too. Isn't that odd?

Meanwhile, I helped myself with the pan cakes and sausages I ordered for breakfast. After the exhausting basketball training and the, uh,  interesting shower <insert a little awkwardness> I had with Kevan earlier, we found ourselves seated across from each other in a semi-crowded fast food restaurant a few blocks away from school.

Before diving into our first class of the day, we decided to fuel up. This day couldn't get any better— I woke up excited for our training session, and that shower scene... well, let's just say it left me momentarily speechless.

It doesn't bother me being naked next to somebody, but having Kevan there took an extra dose of courage.I can't quite understand why seeing him almost naked sent exhilarating waves of something indescribable deep within me. I've seen other guys' bodies before, especially my teammates, but it never stirred up any strange feelings. With Kevan, it feels different. There's something about him that sets him apart from everyone else, something I can't quite put into words just yet.

Kevan looked too adorable the moment I confined him in that corner. I swear, his face turned as red as a cherry, and he appeared like a cute, disheveled mess—shivering, unable to escape the situation. In that instant, he became my prey, and I was the hungry predator. We were caught up in the moment, our faces mere inches apart. I was about to lean in and smother him when a loud, prolonged fart shattered that elusive moment.

But that was freaking hilarious, and I nearly died laughing, haha! I don't know how to put it, but Kevan has cute little ways to crack me up, and I love it when he does that. He might not be aware of it, but he has gestures and mannerisms I find too adorable that could make me squeeze his cheeks if I lose control. Like the way he bites his lips or the way he springs on his toes when he's tensed. The way he parts his hair, his cute dagger stare, his adorable chinky eyes, the sound of his laughters, or how he brushes things off with a simple smile—Kevan is just too nice, and his friends can vouch for that.

He raised an eyebrow and shot me another quizzical look as a smile tugged at the corners of my lips, recalling what had happened earlier. It still felt surreal, even though I've experienced it a couple of times before. I kissed Kevan. On the lips. Again.

Some moments are too good you'd wish they'd never end.

"Ano ngini-ngiti-ngiti mo jan?" he snapped, throwing me his dagger stare while devouring his french fries-stuffed cheeseburger. But it only made me smile even more, and I just shrugged my shoulders.

I sighed. Kevan, you may not know it, but you have made my life so beautiful. You've turned my mornings into happy beginnings, and I sleep at night with you etched in my heart.

Later on, the place was gradually filled with students and office-goers, and their voices and giggles buzzing around us like busy bees. I caught several people stealing glances in our direction but paid them no attention. Nothing else mattered, I have everything I needed right in front of me. Nothing could be more beautiful than his smile, and nothing could ever take my eyes off him.