Chapter 10

K E N T

I've just dropped Kevan off at his dorm. It was my first time there. At least now I know where he lives.

Thank God he's okay now. Sobra akong nataranta when his teammates came running out of the gym to get help. I saw everything, I was there watching. I was planning to talk to him after their practice kasi hindi ko na gustong patagalin pa ang tampo o galit niya sa akin.

He never talked to me after what happened this afternoon and avoided me during the class. He didn't even sit beside me. I've been trying to catch his attention, pero di talaga siya tumingin sa'kin.

It sucks when you're ignored by the person whose attention is the only thing that matters to you.

Usually, I'd just drop by the gym to take a glimpse of him before I go home. But earlier, I had to stay and wait for him. I needed to talk to him. Pero may di inaasahang nangyari. Mabuti na nga lang at nandun ako. I was able to rush him to the hospital real quick. Sigh...

"Kevan, you don't know how worried I was earlier."

* * * Flashback * * *

I sat by the benches outside the gym. Kitang-kita ko naman ang mga nangyayari sa loob dahil open naman ang part na 'to. I saw how incredible the pep squad really is and how extreme and difficult their sport is. I just gained a massive respect for them. They've been tossing girls in the air na parang wala lang. I was amazed on how they flip, twist, and contort themselves in the air.

I saw Jansen and Kath walked by, but hindi nila siguro ako nakita, they were quite busy sa pag-uusap nila. I'll talk to Kevan first, then I need to talk to Jansen after. I need to know what happened. I've actually noticed that Jansen seems so distant these past few days, pero binabaliwala ko lang.

I got lost in thoughts just as the screaming and yelling started coming from the gym. Curious, I stood up and moved closer to take a good look. What's going on here? I saw someone slumped on the floor. He looked disoriented. The way he held his head, mukhang natamaan ata siya. Ano kaya nangyari?

A sudden wave of dread took over me when I realized it was Kevan. They were trying to talk to him, but he looked disoriented and just stared blankly back at them. And then suddenly, a dark fluid started dripping from his nose. B-blood! He wiped it off with the back of his hand and his eyes grew wide in horror when he saw the red smears. I moved even closer; close enough to see the colors drained from his face, close enough to see how his consciousness left his body.

I felt my muscles went stiff. I wanted to run towards Kevan, but my feet were rooted on the ground. Nakita kong tumakbo palabas ang mga kasama niya.

"Pare, pahiram naman ng phone mo, tatawag lang kami ng ambulance. Emergency lang!" a guy yelled on my face, hinting the panic in his voice.

His voice made me snap out of my trance. I have to take Kevan to the hospital.

"Let's use my car. Come on!"

We ran inside the gym. Kevan remained motionless on the floor. People still tried to wake him up.

"Guys buhatin natin si Kevan, sarado na ang clinic kaya idirecho na lang natin siya sa hospital," the guy commanded. He turned to me and said, "Saan naka park ang kotse mo?"

"Car park. Gate 2," I blurted.

Four boys lifted Kevan up. Someone placed a towel on his nose; the blood smeared all over his face, even on his clothes. My heart raced as we sprinted towards my car. I couldn't keep my eyes off the unconscious Kevan.