Chapter 46

K E N T

"Kent!"

That voice. I love that voice. I love voices that make my heart beat faster.

"Kent!"

Isn't it amazing how a person's voice can easily become your favorite sound?

"Kent!?"

There are a lot of people who can call you by your name, but there's only one person who can make it sound so damn special.

"KENT!!!"

Baaaaaaaam!

"Ouch!" I yelped. "W-why did you do that?"

"Heh! Tulala ka na naman jan eh!" Kevan chided. Damn, I must've spaced out again; nabatukan tuloy. "Tingnan mo, ang ganda ng mga corals dito!"

He motioned toward the small reef near the shoreline. His face lit up and a smile was plastered on his face. Singkit lalo ang mata niya dahil kulang pa sa tulog, but his eyes and messy hair made him look even much cuter. Ugh, why does Kevan have to be so adorable?

It was already half past noon when Kevan and I woke up with a bad headache. Actually, I was up a few minutes ahead, so I sat on the bed and just stared at his sleepy face. Pero nahuli niya akong nakatitig sa kanya nang bigla na lang siyang nagising, so I immediately turned away and pretended I was looking for something. That was...awkward.

We were both starving so we decided to take our lunch at the restaurant before coming here at the seashore. Trust me, we tried waking Jansen up several times, but to no avail. Tulog na tulog siya kaya hinayaan na lang muna namin. Okay lang – para ma-solo ko na rin sa wakas si Kevan!

The memory of last night was kind of blurry. We're still at the beach resort I brought them to after I ambushed them yesterday. They didn't know I've been planning this get away since last week. The past days have been very busy, so I felt we definitely deserved to go somewhere to chill.

But last night was no chill; everything went out of hand. Don't get me started about that annoying Jed who ruined most of my plans. He came out of the blue and the next thing we knew, kasabay na namin siya sa hapag-kainan. Ugh, I honestly believed Jed's crap for a split second. He kissed Kevan and said he was his boyfriend, kaya para akong nagka mini-heart attack. Buti na lang pakulo lang niya ang lahat. But then, we ended up drinking off our asses at the beach last night and woke up today with hangover.

"Wow! May starfish! Kent, may starfish!!!" Kevan squealed like a 5 year old. The light in his eyes, the joy in his voice... *sigh*

I replied with a nod and a sweet smile. He slowly bent down and yanked the starfish out of the water. He held it up and squealed like a kid let out in the sand for the first time.

Haay, Kevan.

This is perfect — the sea, the sun... just me and Kevan. Wish I have my camera with me right now, but then, some of the best moments can't be captured in photographs.

* * *

"Don't worry, isuot mo lang 'to," I said as I handed him over the life vest, snorkel, diving mask and swimfins. I sensed a hint of fear in his eyes.

"Don't worry, ako bahala sa'yo. It's gonna be fun!" I winked, but he only chewed his lower lip.

We rented snorkeling gears, and a small boat for two and rowed towards the nearby island. The trip was a short one — Kevan and I paddled across the shallow, crystal clear waters – shallow enough that we could already see the seabed below netted with corals and other marine life.