'*•.¸ Forgiveness ¸.•*'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Neteyam's POV

Chief Tonowari invited us for dinner at his pod as an apology for his son's behaviour. Mom didn't want to go because she doesn't want to see the tsahik. Dad insisted because we need to be at our best behaviour here. We planned to arrive there by dusk.

We arrived at their pod and Chief Tonowari welcomed us into their pod. I saw mom and the tsahik already glaring at eachother, i bet they're gonna start a fight soon enough. I moved closer to Lo'ak,who was standing next to me, and whispered to him. "don't cause anymore trouble, alright?". He nodded slowly and we went inside. Chief Tonowari and Dad sat next to eachother on the mat. I sat next to Lo'ak and Tsireya. Mom sat next to Kiri and Tuk because she doesn't want to sit next to the tsahik. I can see the tsahik rolling her eyes and sitting next to her husband.

Chief Tonowari was about to say something but stopped and looked around. I think he just realised that Aonung wasn't here. Just then, Aonung entered the pod and looked around with a shocked expression. "sorry I'm late, father. I had something to deal with." he apologised. He waited for his father to excuse him and let him take a seat. When he was excused, he sat next to the tsahik. He looked at me but i can't read his expression. I'm sure he's just embarrassed for what he's done.

"I brought you here, to apologise for my son's bad behaviour. I hope you may forgive him for what he's done to your sons and daughter." Chief Tonowari begins. I looked at Lo'ak and he didn't seem as pissed as before. He looked at me and smiled. "i forgive him." he whispered. "will you?" he asked. I was quiet for a moment. How can you forgive him that easily?,i thought. He almost killed you. But seeing the sincere smile he gave me, i sighed. "if you can forgive him, i will too." i returned his smile and shakes his shoulder gently. He glances at Kiri and she nodded. "We forgive him" he answered. Chief Tonowari's muscles relaxed. "I'm glad you forgave him. Now let us dine, shall we?" he declared. I glanced to Aonung and saw him smiling bitterly.

After dining, dad told me and Lo'ak to hang out with Aonung and Tsireya because he wanted to have a chat with Chief Tonowari and wanted mom to get along with Ronal(he just knew her name). Lo'ak took the opportunity to talk to Tsireya. Tuk and Kiri is already sleepy so they went home early. I watch Lo'ak and Tsireya walking away while laughing. Suddenly I felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see Aonung. "i wanted to talk" he said.

We went to a deeper part of the island where there is a hammock nearby. "so what do you want to talk about." i asked while looking around. I don't think I've seen this part of the village before. He marched closer to me. "do you.." he paused to look into my eyes. "do you actually forgive me?" he continued. I shrugged. "i don't know. Some part of me wants to punch you in the face for leaving my brother to die alone " i said slyly. He looks hurt by my words. "look, I'm sor-" i cut him off and walks closer to him. "but some part of me wants to forgive you because my brother could easily forgives you after what you've done to him." i look deep into his eyes. "he told me why you did it." I continued. His face is full of horror. "you wanted to look tough, you wanted to look cool, you wanted to be respected.". His ears flinched. "but you don't have to do all of that just to make your friends respect you." i said. "I don't understand, why are you giving me advices after what I've done? Don't you hate me?" his voice cracked. I look deep into his eyes and placed my hand on his chest which made him startled. "you have a good strong heart. Use it wisely." I kissed him on the nose. "i forgive you and i won't hate you, but don't ever do that again." with that, i walked away swiftly while thinking about what I just did.

I did not just do that oh my eywa what the hell just possessed me, i screamed and shouted in my head. I'm supposed to punch him and tackle him to the ground and kick him and skin him but-... why, i thought while placing my hand over my mouth. 'don't you hate me?' his words echoes in my head. Oh how i wish i could hate you.. My frown slowly turns into a smile. What am I thinking!, i gently slapped my face.

☆。*。☆。

Aonung's POV

I watch him walks away swiftly. I placed my hand on my chest. I can feel my heart beating faster than usual. I place my other hand on my cheek. I can feel the hotness on my face when he kissed the tip of my nose. Oh eywa what is this feeling, i thought. How could he forgive me? How could he not hate me? After what I've done? 'you have a good strong heart. Use it wisely' his words echoes in my head. "Thank you, Neteyam." I said softly to myself.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
This chapter is short and doesn't make any sense but i hope you like it. I kinda sneaked in some jake and neytiri scenes in here because i wanted to make their children have the same love story but different plots iykwim. Ty for reading <3!!