'*•.¸Sign¸.•*'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Neteyam's POV

☆。*。☆。

Timeskip 5 years later

☆。*。☆

The Great Hunt is tomorrow, and of course i will be participating in it. Lo'ak might participate in it too, since he's getting very good at hunting. Kiri doesn't want to participate, said she's not into hunting that much.

It's been five years since i last saw him, my memory is all foggy and I'm starting to forget how he really looks like. I still kept the armband he gave me, though it does not fit my arm anymore, i could still wear it as a bracelet. It's midnight now and I don't feel like sleeping at all. I often had trouble sleeping, so i stayed up late at night to stare at the stars, thinking about him. Sometimes i wouldn't sleep at all, and sometimes Lo'ak would keep me company, even though he always sleeps first. I sharpened my arrow, making sure it's sharp enough to hit the sturmbeest's operculum. I figured i need a lot of energy for tomorrow so I decided that I should go to sleep.

☆。*。☆。

Everyone woke up early to go hunting. Kiri and grandmother made sure we all eat before going hunting. I loaded my arrows in my quiver and shouldered it swiftly. "let's move" dad shouted, signing at us to follow him. I quickly bonded with my ikran and flew towards a herd of sturmbeests. We split into two groups. Lo'ak and mom took the left side. Dad and I took the right side. A few men riding direhorses were blocking the sturmbeests way, not letting them escape. I grabbed my bow and arrow, and aimed at the sturmbeest's operculum. I took a deep breath in and out, steadying my ikran, and release. It hit the sturmbeest's operculum perfectly, making it roll over it's head. Mom and dad shouted their war cries, praising me for my clean kill. Lo'ak suddenly appeared next to them, aiming his arrow at one of the sturmbeest. His hands are shaky but his eyes are locked at his target. He released the arrow and it hit the sturmbeest's operculum. He grinned and shouted his war cries, raising his hands above his head in victory. Some of the people cheered for him, including mom. Dad gave him a thumbs up and he looked so happy. We hunt down a couple of other sturmbeests and let some escape for them to populate so we could hunt them again next hunting season. After a while, we landed our ikrans and began to butcher the dead sturmbeests for their meat. I helped dad butcher the one i shot, slicing the skin off to get the meat inside. I glanced towards Lo'ak, who was scrunching his nose from the strong smell coming from the carcasses. I smiled and continued butchering the sturmbeest. Once we're all done, we placed them carefully in a basket and brought them back to the cave.

☆。*。☆。

We arrived at the cave and went to the place where the hunt festival will be. I handed the basket of meat to the people so they could cook them.

The hunt festival began after eclipse. Mom smeared some paint on my cheeks and on my eyelids. She then moved to Lo'ak and smeared some yellow paint on his cheeks and forehead. Kiri applied blue paint on Spider. They chuckled as their eyes met. Mom called for Tuk and smeared green paint on her nose and cheeks. She giggled and thanked her. I've just realised how fast she's grown.

We arrived at the hunt festival. I sat down next to a group of na'vis drinking kava. Mom and dad were matching feathered costumes. She pulled him into the dance ring and they danced gracefully. I smiled seeing how happy they are. I turned to Lo'ak, who was beating the drum and watching everyone dance. Kiri and Tuk were holding each others hand and danced around in circle. Spider sat next to me, eyes locked on Kiri. "hey" i said, not looking at him. "hey man" he looked at me slightly and back to Kiri. "you really like her that much huh?" i rolled my eyes at him. He frowned, his eyebrows almost connected. "i only see her as a sister" he stared at me. "then why are you looking at her like that?" i pointed at Kiri. "like what?" he gestured his hands. "like this" i mimicked the face he made earlier. "i do not look at her like that" he said in disbelief. "she's like a sister I never had. You guys are like family to me. I love you all like family" he fixed his posture. "she just gets me you know? We both get eachother, that's why we're so close. Don't misunderstood" he eyed me. I nodded slowly. "i get it. Sorry" i apologised. He smiled and walked away. I turned my attention back to mom and dad. It's sad that I don't have anyone to hang out with. I felt someone touched me lightly on my shoulder. I flinched and turned around. "Kava?" a hunter asked, handing me a kava. "no, no thank you" i shook my head, declining his offer. He grinned and sat next to me. "warriors drink. If no drink, weak!" he said, clearly drunk. I shook my head again. "no thank you. I don't drink" i stood up, walking away from the drunk men. I sat close to a group of na'vis my age. They looked sober, i don't think they would mind. I searched for mom and dad. They were sitting next to eachother, drinking kava and looking at eachother lovingly. I looked away and tried to find something else to look at. It just hurts, knowing I had noone to be with. Having nothing to do here makes me really want to leave, and so I did. I stood up and walked away. Just then, i felt someone grab my arm. It was a woman. I looked at her, confused. "Neteyam wait" she catches her breath. I tilted my head, waiting for her to answer. She inhaled and looked at me with her big eyes. "will you dance with me?" she asked, not letting go of my arm. I swallowed hard, not knowing what to say. I wanted to decline but I'm afraid that would make her sad. "I'm sorry" i apologised. "I couldn't" her eyes widened, clearly taken aback from my words. "why not?" she still didn't let go of my arm. "I don't know you" I tried to sound polite. "that's fine, we can get to know eachother while dancing" she pulled my arm, making me stand closer to her. "No I'm sorry" i shook my head and stepped away, pulling my arm away from her grasp. She pursed her lips. "i get it" she turned around and ran away. I felt bad but I just ignore it. I dipped the hunt festival and went back to the hut. I searched for my ikran and fly to the tree of soul.

It doesn't take long for me to arrive. I jump off my ikran and walked slowly towards the tree. I don't know why i come here but it feels like i need to. I sat next to the tree and closed my eyes. For a moment I felt at ease. Everything feels light and refreshing. I felt something on my nose and I slowly closed my eyes. "atokirina" i whispered. The seed slowly flies away with a group of other atokirinas. There were many of them, flying into the forest. It must be some sign. I got up and took my bow with me. I chased after the atokirinas, not knowing where they are leading me. They led me deep into the forest, where I am not allowed to be. It is dark and humid, sounds of creatures echoing through the trees and bushes. I am grown now, I could take care of myself. I'm a warrior. I pushed away the leaves and plants that gets in my way. I tripped over some rocks but I quickly got up. Right now infront of me is an open area. I'm not sure where I am but I could easily went back home later. I walked to the open area and heard waves crashing on the rocks. I realised I'm on a cliff. I looked up and the atokirinas were flying away from the cliff far to the horizon. I now understand what they want me to do. "it's time to go back" i said softly. "I'm ready" i nodded slightly and smiled towards the ocean.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
Hiiiii. I'm sorry for the late upload. I hope you like this chapter. Correct me for any spelling/grammar mistakes please! Keep in mind that I'm still learning on how to write (bcs I'm not very good at english) so I rlly need to know what's wrong w my writings. Oh and TYSM FOR THE VOTESSS I LOVE YALL SMMM❗❗❗❗<3 I RLLY APPRECIATE IT❗❗100 KISSES FOR YOU ALL 💕💕💕💕