'*•.¸ Secret Place ¸.•*'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Neteyam's POV

☆。*。☆。

1 month later

☆。*。☆。

I was scouting in the village when I saw Tsireya walking swiftly towards me. She bowed her head and smiled. "Neteyam, walk with me?" she asked. I nodded. It's not like i have anything to do anyways. I walk with her to the beach. "why did you want to walk with me?" i asked suddenly. I pushed the leaf that was blocking our way. She turned to me and her smile fadded. "i wanted to talk to you about Lo'ak" she said. We stopped walking for a second. "did he do something?" i asked worriedly. She shakes her head. "no, it's not that." she embraced her arms. "he's been so distance with me lately" she said sadly. "he's always making excuses everytime i wanted to hang out with him. Now I'm starting to think that he doesn't like me anymore" she pouted. I caressed her shoulders lightly. "no, I'm sure he still do. He's probably got some stuff he needs to do" i tried to sound convincing.

Then I saw Lo'ak at the pod. He put a saddle on his ilu and went outside the reef. I think Tsireya noticed me staring at him so she turned around and saw him. "what is he doing?" she asked. "let's go see" i pulled her hand but she shakes her head. "no, we cannot go outside the reef. My father will be very angry." she stopped me. I groaned. I'm starting to have a bad feelings about this.

We waited for him to come back and he did. I saw him riding his ilu and dismounted it in the middle of the reef. I couldn't wait any longer so i rushed to the pod. On the way there i stumbled across Aonung and Rotxo. "where are you going?" Rotxo asked. "to my brother" i continued rushing to the pod. Once i get there, i snatched the saddle and called out for my ilu. I put the saddle on it and went towards where Lo'ak was. I turned around and I saw Aonung, Rotxo and Tsireya chasing after me with their ilus. When I'm almost there, i stopped my ilu and dismounted it. I dived in and swim among the kelps. We all hide among the kelps and that's when I saw Payakan, the Tulkun they warned us about. I decided to wait for a moment before jumping in.

Lo'ak waited infront of Payakan in confusion. Then, he opens his huge mouth. Lo'ak went into his mouth without any hesitation. What was he thinking!?, i thought. Payakan then closed his mouth, which made me flabbergasted. I was about to swim towards him but Tsireya and Aonung stopped me. I looked at Tsireya and she motioned me to calm down and wait. I pulled myself back among the kelps and looked at Aonung. He nodded, telling me to stay calm. I signaled my eyes at him, asking why Payakan swallowed Lo'ak and he pointed to Payakan, telling me to keep watching.

After awhile, Lo'ak came out of his mouth. I was relieved. We all swim to the surface to catch our breath. I saw Lo'ak hugging Payakan near his eyes. "They bonded." Aonung explained. "Payakan is now his spirit brother" Tsireya continued. Somehow that made me feel hurt. I'm supposed to be his only brother. I paced out for a moment and then I heard someone shouting from behind. "shit!" i heard Aonung cursed. There are three men, approaching us with their skimwings. One of those men is Chief Tonowari. "all of you! Follow me!" he scolded us. We called for our ilu and mounted them. I glanced towards Lo'ak. He does the same too. He mounted his ilu and followed us back to the village.

☆。*。☆。

We all (except Rotxo) followed Chief Tonowari quietly. I saw the tsahik waiting for us infront of their pod. Once we're all in the pod, she walks in and scolded Tsireya. "you allowed this. You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" Tsireya looked down, not saying a word. I felt bad for her. It wasn't her fault. "Tsireya." Chief Tonowari said, which made her startled. "you disappointed me daughter" he hissed. "and you, son of the Great Warrior who has been taught better" he scoffs. Then mom and dad arrived but didn't say anything. "Payakan saved my life, sir. You don't know him" Lo'ak denied. "Lo'ak!" Tsireya called for him and shakes her head, warning him not to say anything. Chief Tonowari pointed his finger to Lo'ak. "sit" he motioned. Lo'ak and him sat down. "Sit down!" he shouted and we all dropped to the floor. He releases his breath in his hands and brush it off. The tsahik is still pacing back and forth.

Chief Tonowari looks so serious. I glanced to Aonung and he looks scared. I guess this is the first time he's ever seen his father like this. "Payakan is a killer, so he's an outcast" Chief Tonowari explained. "I'm sorry sir, but you're wrong" lo'ak denied again. I wanted to slap him but now is not the time. "Lo'ak! You're speaking to olo'eyktan" mom warned him. "I know I-" he was about to speak when dad shouted. "That's enough!" everyone was quiet. Tsireya looked at Lo'ak and shakes her head. "I know what I know" he looked up. Why is he so stubborn, i thought. The tsahik hissed at him angrily. Dad crawled to him and whispered. "that's enough." he warned. Tsireya looked like she was about to burst out into tears. "I'll deal with this one" dad said and pulled him away. I sighed and looked up at Chief Tonowari. "I'm sorry for my brother's behavior" i apologised. Chief Tonowari nodded and i got up. Tsireya and Aonung does too. Tsireya rushed out of the pod. I went outside the pod and Aonung grabbed my arm. "follow me" he said. I nodded slowly and went with him.

☆。*。☆。

I followed him to the deeper part of the island, where he apologised to me when he left Lo'ak outside the reef. "I'm sorry" he sighed. "for what?" i asked. "if i didn't brought your brother outside the reef, none of this would happen" he sat on the hammock nearby. "the past is past. Don't bring that up" i sat next to him. "i know. But i really felt bad" he looked down. I hold his hand. "you don't have to worry about it. My brother is a strong one. He can handle it" i comfort him. "and he's a stubborn one. He'll definitely do it again" i scoffed, which made him grinned. "oh i forgot to tell you" he said. He got up to his feet and waved his hand up in the air. "this is my secret place." he said. "the only person that knows about this place is you" he turned to me. "me?" i pointed a finger at myself. He nodded. I got up and stand closer to him. "but this wasn't the first time I've been here." i said. "you brought me to this place before we were even close" i folded my arms and not taking my eyes off him. "i don't know. I just felt like bringing you here" he smiled. "since we're the only one that knows about this place, can we make it as our secret place?" i asked excitedly. "of course. I brought you here to say that" he embraced me. I hugged him back and his body are surprisingly warm today. I let go of the hug and looked around. "did you made that?" i asked while pointing at the hammock. "yes, who else if not me?" he teased. I sat back on the hammock and swing it using my feet. "i like it" i smiled at him. "wouldn't your dad be angry at you for not being home before dusk?" he asked while rubbing his chin. "no, he doesn't care about that now. I told him i can handle myself." i lie down in the hammock. "oh i see" he walk closer and sat next to me. "thanks to your father," he lie down next to me. "i can have you all for myself tonight" he cuddled with me. "not all night, i still need to go home to have dinner" i groaned. He put his ears on my chest. My face heats up. "one, two, three, four...." he counted. "what are you counting?" i asked while stroking his hair. "your heartbeats, i really wanted to hear them" he said softly. I don't know why but that made my heart flutter. I stared at him while he counted my heartbeats. Then, it was silent. "I'll have to go later."i break the silence." awhhh" he groaned. "stay for awhile!" he hugged my waist. "okay, once more hug then I'll go. " i snuggled closer to him. I breathed in his scent and eywa, he smells so good. He looked up at me and kissed the spot on my neck. I placed my hand on the spot where he kissed me. I didn't realise i was smiling. My heart was fluttering like crazy. "Neteyam, your heart is beating too fast" he teased. I pushed him away and got up to my feet. "times up!" i walk away slowly. He quickly got up and grabbed my hand. "wait!" he said. He traced my cheekbone with his thumb and kissed me on the lips. "I'll see you tomorrow" he whispered. I grinned at him. "I'll see you" i kissed his nose. Then i waved him a goodbye and made my way to my pod.

☆。*。☆。

When I got to my pod, it was already dark. Mom was giving everyone a bowl of soup. I entered the pod and sat next to Kiri. "how's the date" she whispered. "shut up" i rolled my eyes. I heared her laughing but i ignored her. Mom looked at me and gave me a bowl. "where did you go this time" she sighed. "with Aonung" i said. She looks tired so i didn't want to exhaust her even more. Dad stared at me for a second and turned his attention back to mom. Mom sat next to him and we dined together.

That night, Aonung didn't came to see me. I kinda wish he did. I don't know why I'm so attached to him now.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
I think i made a lot of mistakes in the past chapters. Please point out if you found a mistake in this chapter. Tysm for reading!!