'*•.¸ Neteyam ¸.•*'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Neteyam's POV

After months of flying and stopping at some unknown places to stay for the night, we finally arrived at the forest. It looks the same as ever, the home that I've grew up in. Lo'ak shouted his war cries while beating his chest. I glanced towards Kiri and she was smiling, so wide that her teeth are visible. I inhaled the fresh air and released. "we're home" dad said at the front, turning his head to us and back to the front. He signalled us to follow him and we did. He turned his ikran and made it flew lower so we could land.

The People looked at us in disbelief as we landed. I jumped off my ikran and scanned the area. I noticed a few huts and canopies in the area. Tarsem did great on leading the People. They gathered around us and examined us from head to toe. Someone pushed everyone out of the crowd and froze when she saw us. "sa'nu..." mom smiled, pulling dad's hand towards grandmother. Tarsem stood next to her. "what are you doing here?" she gritted her teeth, tears swelled in her eyes. "we've missed our home, our forest" dad pressed his hand on mom's shoulder. "but what about-" "He's gone." dad cut her off. "i killed him" grandmother eyed him. "please, let us stay." he glanced towards Tarsem and her. His eyes full of desperation. Grandmother glanced towards Tarsem, asking him for permission. Tarsem breathed heavily, looking at all of us. He finally nodded and gave us a plain smile. Mom grinned and called for Tuk. "Tuk Tuk come here" she pulled Tuk closer. "as long as you do not bring trouble here, we will let you stay" Tarsem gestured his arms, welcoming us. "welcome back, Toruk Makto" Tarsem smiled. Dad winced at the title Tarsem gave him. "thank you" he said breathily. "thank you" i nodded slightly, giving him a sincere smile. "thank you" Tuk smiled.

Grandmother lead us to our old hut. She said noone has stayed or moved her since we left. It looked just the same as before. We unpacked our stuff and arranged it properly. "family meeting" dad called. We all sat in a circle and waited for dad to speak. "if you want to stay here do not bring anymore trouble alright? We are done with war. Do not go near the sky people's campsite, do not investigate them and never, ever, went back to the battlefield. Got that?" he warned. "yes sir" me and Lo'ak said at the same time. "its dad to both of you" he glanced towards both of us. We both looked at eachother and smiled. "yes dad" Lo'ak and I said. "dismissed" we all got up and continued doing our works.

I went to a pond where I used to hunt fish with dad. He used to call me 'Neteyam the mighty fisherman'. I find it really funny. Noone really go to this pond now, only me. I loved the memories we made here. I grabbed my bow and arrow, aiming at a fish inside the pond. I focused at the fish and released. It hit the fish perfectly on the stomach. I smiled at the clean kill i made. I've always been proud of my hunting skills. I turned around to see if anyone saw it but then i realised that i was completely alone. My smiled dropped, turning my head back to the pond. I missed Aonung. He would always support me for everything i did. I shake my head, trying to forget about him. It was useless, i couldn't go back to Awa'atlu. I would never be able meet him again. I pursed my lips and aimed for another fish. I took a deep breath and released. It missed. I shake my head and try again. It missed. I sighed and sat down, covering my head in my hands. It hurts. I remembered how shocked he was after he found out that i wasn't going to stay there. The way the light in his eyes disappeared when i told him I've been hiding it from him for months. I wanted to tell him, i just couldn't. Not being able to tell him makes me hurt, and I've cried so much that it just doesn't hurt anymore when i think about it. But when he brought it up, it hurts. It hurts seeing him sad, seeing him feel so betrayed. I tried to control my breathing. My heart beats so fast, it pains me. I felt someone's presence from behind. "you're acting like your father. Head is always in the clouds." mother crept from behind, making me flinch. But i don't look at her, instead i hugged my knees and hid my face behind them. "what is wrong my sweet child?" she asks, sitting next to me. "nothing" i replied quietly. "you are lying" she hold my shoulder. "remember what your father always say?" she asked. "sullys-" "sullys stick together. I know" i raised my head. "and if we want to stick together, we need to care for eachother. Heart to heart." she explained, not taking her eyes off me. "now tell me child. What is wrong?"she slick my hair behind my ear. I hesitated. I couldn't tell her, she won't understand. But maybe she would know how to help. I chewed on my lower lip. " it's, someone.. "i looked away, embarrassed. "someone? "she tilted her head. "someone i.. love" it felt awkward telling her this. "did she hurt you?" she asks. I winced, shaking my head. "no, no he didn't" she gasped quietly. "a boy?" she asked. "yeah.." i pursed my lips. She closed her eyes and nodded. "what did he do?" her voice softens. I thought she wouldn't accept me loving a boy, although it's not forbidden, i just thought she would only allow me to be with a girl. I smiled warmly, glad that she accepted me. "he didn't do anything to me. I did" i stared at the pond. "what did you do?" she too stared at the pond. "i didn't tell him about us leaving earlier. He found out about it himself. It hurts seeing him sad mom. I don't want to leave him. But i also want to go back home. The forest is my home. I couldn't adapt as fast as Lo'ak. I don't know what to do. Now that I've left him, i couldn't help but miss him. Now i can't even meet him. Are we not meant to be together? " i swallowed hard. Mom just nodded, trying to get everything in her head. "you know, i was once like you" she smiled, her fangs showing. "so blindly inlove" she glanced towards me. "sometimes, bad decisions are not so bad. Sometimes, all you need to do is  follow your heart. You can't just go along with whatever is going to happen, you must also do what you think is best for you." she looked down. "your father was a sky people. I was not supposed to fall for him, but i did. It was the best decision ever. Now look at us" she pulled me closer. "your grandmother and grandfather doesn't allow me to mate with him, but i did it anyways. And i gave birth to you. You are my child. My golden child. And what i thought was a bad decision had become the best decision I've ever made" she leaned in and embrace me. Tears rolled down my cheeks. "you will understand it someday, my child." she kissed the top of my head and got up. "remember, we are a family. Not a squad. You can tell me anything and I will listen to you. Come home before eclipse, your father might be worried for you" she smiled and gone into the forest. I sat there, feeling so light that I could fly. I've made my decision. And i will stick to my decision. Thank you mom.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
This took so long to make omg. I'm sorry for not uploading more chapters. Btw any requests/hcs? I'm bored lolol.