'*•.¸ Tulkuns ¸.•*'

⊱A/N⊰
I made up some stuff in here that was not shown and exist in the movie. I hope you don't mind teehee.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aonung's POV

The sun is bright and the sunlight is warm. I was helping my mother with her work when suddenly the horn blowed. My mother and I glanced at eachother and rushed to the pod to see what was going on. I saw some of The People jumped into the water and some gathered at the beach.

"The Tulkuns have returned! Everybody, our brothers and sisters have returned!!" i heard Tsireya shouting. I was very thrilled to meet my spirit brother. I glanced at my mother to have her permission to go out. She looked at me and nodded while smiling. I called for my ilu and put a saddle on it. I bonded with my ilu and ride it to where the Tulkuns were. I spotted Lo'ak riding an ilu with Tsireya. I wish i could do that with Neteyam, i thought. Talking about Neteyam, i saw him riding his ilu while laughing and smiling. My lips formed a smile without my noticing. I ride my ilu towards him. "Hey pretty boy!" i called for him. He turned to me and sit up straight. "hey fish lips." he replied with a smug face. I was offended but whatever. "let's race to my spirit brother!" i said. "you have a spirit brother??" he said excitedly. I couldn't help but smile. I love it when he's all happy and excited. "let's go!" i said while diving into the water with my ilu. I turned back to look at him and he dived in too. We ride our ilus beside the Tulkuns. I saw Kiri and Tuk holding onto Rotxo's spirit brother's fin. He was there too. I also saw my spirit brother from the distance. I ride my ilu under Rotxo's spirit brother's fin and signalled my hand to Neteyam to follow me. He followed me to my spirit brother.

I waved my hand at my spirit brother. He noticed that it was me and he whaled excitedly. I approached him carefully and unmounted my ilu. I swim towards my spirit brother's eyes to communicate with him.

"My brother, i see you" i signed with my hands. His eyes glittered. "i see you, Aonung" he whaled. "I've missed you brother" i swim closer to him and hugged his side. His skin is warm and hard. "brother who is that?" he whaled while looking at Neteyam. Neteyam looks mesmerised. I swim to my brother's eyes. "he's my friend." i signed. My spirit brother looks unimpressed. "fine, not a friend. He's someone special." i signed annoyingly. My spirit brother whaled happily and swim towards Neteyam. He circled him and tossed him onto his back. I swim towards him and signed angrily. "why did you do that?". My spirit brother whaled annoyingly. I climbed on top of him to help Neteyam. Neteyam didn't seem to bother, he looks happier than ever.

My spirit brother raised his head above the water so we could get some air. "are you okay?" i asked worriedly. "i love your spirit brother!" he said while patting my spirit brother's head. Not what i expected him to say. My spirit brother whales happily. "brother don't steal my special someone!" i said teasingly and hit him gently on the head. Neteyam looked flustered by my words. "I'm your special someone?" he asked. I nodded. "of course". We stared at eachother but my spirit brother had to ruin it. He whaled and went back into the water. My left hand hold onto my spirit brother's head and my other hand hold Neteyam's hand. I think my brother wants to impress Neteyam. He leapt and dive and drifts. My spirit brother is an active one. I'm surprised Neteyam could handle him. Both of them seems to like eachother somehow.

☆。*。☆。

The sun is already setting and Neteyam brought me back with his ilu. I wanted him to ride with me earlier but he insisted that I ride with him on his ilu. We got back and I saw my father infront of our hut. "My boy!" he exclaimed. "will you help me with these stuff" he asked. "of course." i said and went to look at the stuff he was talking about. There are costumes, lights, meats, logs and bowls. Right.., i thought. It's Tulkuns Festival.

Tulkuns Festival is a traditional festive that was held by the Metkayina clan. It is to celebrate the return of our spirit brothers and sisters. We sing with our brothers and sisters, we dance around the fire and we drink kava. Neteyam told me that they had a festival which is similar to ours.

Once I'm done with the arrangement, i went to look for my father at the hut. I saw him talking to Mr. Sully. I don't want to interrupt them so i went inside the hut to wait for him to finish talking. Inside, i saw mother putting paints on Tsireya's face. She traced her fingers that was covered in dark purple paint on Tsireya's eye lids. She then smudged her thumb on a lighter hue of purple dust and dap it onto her eye lids. She looks beautiful. I sat next to her and praise her. "you look beautiful, Tsireya." i said. She smiled at me. "thank you brother" she replied. "I'm done with your face paint, Tsireya." mother said. "Now you." she turned to me. "me?" i asked. "yes you. Come here." she instructed. I sat infront of her. She put a darker hue of my skin colour and dap it on my cheeks. "perfect" she said. "Now go help your father, you brats!" she shooed us. Tsireya and I looked at eachother and laughed. I just noticed how mesmerising she looks. She wore a necklace decorated with colourful pearls and shells. She wore a coral-like-accessories on her body and thigh. She looks so gorgeous meanwhile I look so plain. I guess she noticed it too, judging by the way she looks at me. "brother do you not know how to dress up." she asked. "I'm not planning to stay at the festival." i said. "not on my watch." she pulled my hand and went back inside the hut. "what now" mother sighed.

She took a necklace, decorated with seaweeds and small colourful pearls. She gave it to me and asked me to wear them. I rolled my eyes and slowly put it om my neck. It's not as heavy as i thought it would be. She caressed her chin, looking at me up and down. She suddenly lights up and sat down. "sit!" she said. I sat infront of her. "turn around!" she said angrily. "okay, calm down!" i said annoyingly and turned around. She unties my hair and redo it. She did my hair just like father's. She then place a flower on my bun. "adorable!" she squealed. I was about to touch my bun to feel the flower but Tsireya slapped my hand. "No! You'll ruin it!" she scolded me. We got up and exited the hut. "now what" i said. "go meet up with your boyfriend" she teased. I frowned and turned to look at her. "what boyfriend??" i asked. "oh don't act like I don't know what you're hiding" she folded her arms. I looked around and bent my head towards her. "if you tell mother and father I'm going to kill your little skxawng." i threatened. She nodded. "good" i raised my head and leave.

I waited for everyone to arrive at the festival. I spotted Neteyam, walking around while looking around in amazement. I saw Lo'ak and Tsireya, walking together while holding hands. I stared at them with disgust. I approached Neteyam and scared him from behind. He was startled at first but then his eyes lights up when he sees me. "you look awful" he teased. "right" i said. "i like your awful look" he embraced me and placed his head on my chest. My cheeks starts to heat up. I slowly embraces him back. "i could hear your heart beating fast" he whispered. I closed my eyes. "i wish i could hear yours." i said.

"Aonung?" a girl touched my shoulder lightly. I recognise that voice. I let go of the embrace to look who it is. Ne'wie, the girl I'm promised to. "Ne'wie! Long time no see" i said nervously. "who's this" she asked while pointing at Neteyam. Neteyam looks at me,confused. "Ne'wie let's not talk right now I'm busy" i pulled Neteyam's arm while walking away. "no, let's talk right now." she grabbed my arm and stopped me. "who is he."she asked again." he's my special person" i said coldly. She looks taken aback by my words. "but- but I'm promised to you!" she shouted. I glanced at Neteyam and he looks heartbroken. I don't know what to say. Neteyam pushed my hand away from his arm. "let's not talk for a while" he said quitely and left. "wait Neteyam-" i wanted to go after him but Ne'wie grabs my arm. "let's go" she said. I wanted to go after him and comfort him but i had to follow her or else my mother and father would hate me. I'm sorry, neteyam, i said to myself.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
Ne'wie is a character i created myself. I hope you like the name lol. I made up the 'Tulkun Festival' because the Omaticaya Clan have a Hunt Festival so i thought that Metkayina clan must have a festival too so yeah. Also i don't know how to describe the Tulkuns communicating so i just put 'whaled'. I hope you like this chapter. Tysm for reading <3