'*•.¸ Happiness ¸.•*'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aonung's POV

"My baby bro! The mighty warrior, who faced the killer Tulkun, and live to tell stories about it" Neteyam said while standing up and pressing his brother's shoulders. Lo'ak pushed his hands aside and stood up. "you guys are not listening!" he said and leaves. I watches him leaves and turns my attention back to Neteyam. I bet he regretted saying that. He glanced towards me and I gave him a quick smile. He smiled back and looked down.

"Reya, can we go play?" Tuk asked while holding Tsireya's and Kiri's hands. Tsireya looks unsure but nodded anyways. "Sure! Let's go." she hops towards the village with Tuk and Kiri. Rotxo saluted to me and went with Kiri. I could tell that Rotxo have feelings for her by the way he looks at her. Now all that's left is me and Neteyam. "Let's go for a walk" he said. My heart beats faster once again. Everytime he talks to me it beats faster and faster. I tried calming it down by putting my hand on my chest, luckily it works. He walks infront of me and turned around. " are you coming?" he asked while tilting his head. I couldn't help but smile at him. "yes I'm coming" i said.

We both walk on the seawall terrace (i think that's what you call it) while watching the fishermen fishing and sitting in their canoes. "do you believe Lo'ak?" he suddenly asked. "I don't know" I said. "do you think Payakan would harm him?" he stopped walking. "i don't think he would. We haven't heard of him after the incident." i explained which made him relieved.

"how was your stay here?" i tried to change to a less depressing subject. "it was fine" he said but his expression doesn't look fine. "but the forest is better" he continued. I frowned. "you don't like it here?" i asked. He shakes his head. "no i do, i just preferred the forest more.". "what does the forest have that the reef don't?" i questioned, which is quite dumb. "i could do lots of fun stuff." he said. I squinted my eyes at him. "Like?" i asked. "i could ride my ikran freely, i could climb huge trees, i could go hunting while riding direhorse-" he wasn't done listing but i cut him off. "okay, okay" i stopped him, annoyed. "but here, you could ride ilus, you could explore the underwater, you could also go hunting, you could do lots of stuff!" i gestured with my hands. He looks unimpressed. "and you could become a mighty warrior AND a great diver, isn't that what you wanted?" i tried making it more interesting. "lots of our women would choose you. We have many fine and mighty women. " i said. Now he looks interested. Seeing those look on his face makes my heart ache. I don't know what's the cause of it but it hurts.

"what if i don't want a woman?" he asks. I walk closer to him. "then, you could choose our men. They're quite strong and tough, if you're into that." i say. Suddenly, my heart doesn't hurt that much anymore. "then,who would you suggest?" he stared at me. I wanted to look away but that would make me a coward. "i don't know, we have lots of strong and tough men" I said. He walks closer to me. "what if i want this one?" he placed his finger on my chest. My heart beats faster and i couldn't make up a word. "I uhm- me?-" i stuttered. I scratched my neck while looking away. He smiled slyly and pushed me away. "Nah just kidding" he laughed. "You should've seen that face of yours!" he continued laughing.

I was so embarrassed of myself. "It's not funny!" i glared at him. "oh hell yes it was." he placed his hands on his stomach. I pulled his tail for revenge. "hey!" he shouted. He pounced on me, which made both of us fell into the water. He was sitting on me so I pushed him off and splashes water at him. He shielded himself with both of his hands and splashes water at me in return. I got up to ran away from him but he's way too fast. He grabbed my hand and pull me downwards, making us fell in the water again. We both laughed and bumped our head together.

Once we realised what we've done, we quickly moved our heads away. I could see his red cheeks, and i bet he could saw mine too. He looked down and saw that we're still holding hands. He was quiet for a moment. "i always thought that you'd have bigger hands." he said while examining my hand. I let go of his hand and hold up my hand infront of him. "here, let's measure our hands." i said. He clasped his palms with mine. His hands are smaller than mine, which is quite adorable. The tips of his fingers are redder and his palms are warmer. We both intertwined our fingers together and looked at eachother. I quickly pulled away my hand, embarrassed. What am i doing!?, i thought to myself. I don't want him to think that I'm weird. He looks confused. "sorry, i didnt mean to-" he cut me off. "you don't like it?" he asks. "no no i do! i just... Don't want you to feel uncomfortable." i said. I thought he would agree with me but he just chuckled. He holds my hand again but with both of his hands. "your hands are cold" he said. "i like cold hands." he continued and looked into my eyes. I froze. My hearts beats face, my face heats up, my body shakes and trembles but i feel... happy. I smiled sincerely at him, and he smiled back at me. I wish we could stay like this but the sun is already beneath the sea and the moon is up. I got up and pulled him onto his feet

"I'll see you tomorrow?" i asked, unsure. "I'll see you tomorrow" he nodded. "goodnight" he whispered and went back to the pod. I watches him leaves. I think I've found someone I'm interested in, Tsireya,..

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
I ran out of ideas for this chapter 😭. I really wanted to just skip everything and just jump to angst but that would not be fun so yeah. I hope you like it <3