'*•.¸ Birth ¸.•*'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aonung's POV

I woke up to Tsireya patting on my shoulder. I jerked up and winced at the light that enters my eyes. I rubbed my eyes with hands and looked around to find Tsireya. She was already standing up, hands on her hip. The air is humid, it probably rained last night. "What?" i asked, looking up at her. "come on, let's go see our new baby sister!" she beamed, clasping her palms together. I searched around for Rotxo. He was still sleeping. Nalani and Lei'ra were talking to eachother. Rini helping Nana with her cooking. I stretched my back and stood up, groaning." Come, eat with us! " Nana said excitedly. I glanced towards Tsireya and she forced a fake smile. "Sorry Nana, we need to go back now" Tsireya stood closely to her. Nana frowned. "atleast eat first before you go?" she insisted, taking Tsireya's hands in hers. Tsireya glanced towards me and I nodded. "fine, Nana." she smiled warmly. Nana pressed her hand on Tsireya's shoulder and continued stirring the pot. We had breakfast together and leave afterwards.

We entered the pod and father was sleeping next to mother, who was holding a tiny newborn na'vi in her hands. We walked quietly towards her, trying not to wake her up but unfortunately she did. As soon as she saw us, her eyes sparkles. "Aonung, Tsireya" she said, glancing towards me and Tsireya. We both sat next to her and watched her fixed her posture. "your baby sister" she grinned at the small na'vi in her hands. I scooted closer to her to get a better look at our new sister. She looks beautiful. Her small delicate hands wrapped around eachothers. She is sleeping soundly in mother's arms. I grinned, glancing towards Tsireya. She was in awe. She cupped her mouth with her hands, tears forming in her eyes. "she's beautiful mama" she said, her voice came out like a whisper. Mother smiled at her and back to the baby. "what's her name?" i asked. Mother went quiet for awhile. "Ro'a" she smiled. "my spirit sister's name" mother placed her finger on Ro'a's hands, grinning widely as Ro'a hold it in her small hand. She slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes are the colour of light blue crystals that would shine brightly under the sun. "she have your eyes" Tsireya hold my arm, grinning widely. "we will celebrate her birth later, right now i am tired." mother leaned back, resting her back on the wall. I took Ro'a gingerly in my hands, letting mother rest. I didn't realised how small she is until i held her in my arms. She smiled at the sight of me. I couldn't help but let out some happy tears. Tsireya placed her finger in Ro'a's hand and she took it, shaking her finger slowly. "Ro'a" Tsireya echoed, not taking her eyes of Ro'a. I can tell she's going to be a very attractive woman when she grows up, with her eyes as bright as crystals and her pointy nose.

I helped father gathering all the People to celebrate the birth of Ro'a. Once i got everyone, i went back to the pod to find Tsireya. She was cradling Ro'a in her arms while mother stared at her, smiling. I sat next to them and watched Ro'a playing with Tsireya. A dimple appeared on her left cheek. I just realised how similar she is with Tsireya. I wished i could share this joyful moment with Neteyam. "mother, it's time" i told her. She nodded and i helped her stand up. We walked to an open-area of the pods, where we always gathered for any ceremonies or discussions. It is very crowded with the People. Everyone seems so excited to see Ro'a. We made our way through the crowd and stood in the circle. Father was already there waiting for us. Tsireya passed Ro'a to mother and she took her, kissing her forehead. She then gently handed her to father. Father hold her carefully and held her above his head, showing her off to the crowds. "My daughter, Ro'a!" father said out loud and proud, smile not leaving his face. Everyone cheered in awe, seeing how beautiful she is. Father then cradled her in his arms, bringing her to the crowd. Everyone touched her face and head, paying respect to her. I hold Tsireya's hand and pressed it lightly. "I'm a big sister now. I have a little sister to play with." she smiled. "and i would have to deal with her nonsense once she grew up" i scoffed. "not only you. I would have too" she elbowed me. "taking care of you already burdened me. Now I had to take care of two sisters. I would have gray hairs before i even become the chief" i chuckled. She rolled her eyes at me and continued watching Ro'a getting blessings from the People. Once everyone's done with their blessings, father dismissed everyone and told them to go back to work. I had nothing to do so i went to the rocky coast, where i used to always meet up with Neteyam.

The strong wind blew my hair, making them fly everywhere. Waves crashed against the rocks, splashing water at me. I watched the cloudy sky, waiting for rain to pour. I caught a glimpse of Ne'wie, walking swiftly towards me. Her expressions are angry. She approached me and pushed me hard on the chest. "you break off the engagement!?" she yelled. I kept a cold expression, not wanting to say anything. "Say something, Aonung! Why did you break off the engagement!? Why do you hate me so much!?" she clenched her fist. "i don't hate you-" "lies!" she cut me off. "we made a deal, remember!? You promised you won't ever break off the engagement even though you never loved me!" I pursed my lips. "and you promised you would never fall in love with me" i said slowly, which made her angry expression softened. "I am sorry, i really am. But i just can't, i just can't be with you. I tried, Ne'wie. I tried to act like i don't care, i tried to act like I'm fine with it, but I'm not. Thinking about our marriage disgust me. You were my best friend Ne'wie. You always were. I couldn't think of marrying you and having a family with you. I just, couldn't love you more than a friend. I had already loved someone else, someone that I actually thought about marrying and having a family with. " i swallowed hard. Her expression was confused. She paced back and forth while pressing her palm on her temple." I'm sorry Aonung" she sniffed. "you were my best friend too. I don't know what has gotten into me. I don't know why I loved you more than a friend. You were just, very dear to me. Please, don't leave me. Don't hate me, you could ignore me all you want just don't hate me. "she trembles and covered her face with her hands. I embraced her with one hand, the other caressing her hair. " let's just stay friends then. I don't want to hate you nor leave you. You were very dear to me too" i hold both of her shoulders and look into her eyes. She couldn't look at me first but she slowly trained her eyes on me. "yes, let's just stay friends" she smiled and hugged me tight. "i hope the person you loved treat me better than I treated you" she whispered. "and i hope you will find someone that could treat you better than i treated you" i whispered back. The burden on my shoulders suddenly felt light, at last i wouldn't have to deal with this forced marriage anymore.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
I hope you like this chapter!! I'm very busy with school so I had no time to make a new chapter, sorryyy. Btw the girl that pulled her little sister (i think) in the gif is what I imagined how Ne'wie looks like since she's the daughter of the ta'unui's olo'eyktan and tsahik!!