'*•.¸ Sky People ¸.•*'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aonung's POV

"father, that's not how you do it!" Tsireya laughed at father because he doesn't know how to braid his hair. She went behind father and started to comb it with her fingers. Mother and I sat next to eachother. It was raining heavily outside so we couldn't go out. Father glared at Tsireya and she laughed. She braided his hair and tied it up like he usually does. "don't i look fabulous, daughter?" he asked and she laughed even more. "where did you learn that word, father?" she sat next to him. "Jake Sully told me that i could use it for something charming" he explained.

They laughed a lot and suddenly we heard a knock on the pod's entrance. We turned around and saw one of the fishermen standing there with his eyes full of shock. Father got up and went towards him. I couldn't hear them say anything since they were whispering. He turned around and looked at mother with sad eyes. "Ronal..." he said with his voice shaking. Mother stared at him confusingly. "your spirit sister..." he said softly. Mother got up and hold his arms. "what about her?" she asked. He shakes his head. She hold her chest and fell onto the floor. "My spirit sister!" she screamed. Tsireya and I got up to comfort her. She was howling in sorrow. "i want to see.." she said quietly. "i want to see her" she looked up at father. He hestitated because stress and sadness is bad for the baby but she really wants to see her spirit sister so he lets her come. "Aonung" she turned to me. "take care of Tsireya while we're gone" she lays her hand on my shoulder. I nodded slowly and help her get up. She tried to step forward but almost fell. Luckily, dad caught her just in time. "be safe" Tsireya told them.

After they left, Tsireya hold my hand. "do you think she'll be okay?" she asked. "I don't know" i shrugged. She pulled me close and hugged me. "i hope she is okay" she sighed. I stroke her hair gently. "she will be okay" i comforted her.

☆。*。☆。

We waited and waited. Tsireya fell asleep on my lap while we waited. I couldn't stop thinking about mother. Suddenly, there's a knock on the pod's entrance. I turned around and saw Rotxo. He walked swiftly and sat next to me. "I have a-" he stopped as soon as he saw Tsireya sleeping on my lap and adjusted his tone. "I have a bad news, Aonung" he whispered. "go on" i said quietly. "the tsahik's spirit sister has been murdered." he told me. My eyes widened. "where are my parents?"i asked." they are gathering at the-" he was about to finish his sentence but i cut him off." let's go" i said and gently shake Tsireya to wake her up. "Tsireya, wake up" i said. She opened her eyes slowly. "mother and father have returned" i said and she pushed herself up. "they have?" she asked and i nodded. We all got up and went to where they were gathering.

☆。*。☆。

When we arrived, mother and father were standing at the higher ground and mother was screaming at Mr. Sully. "my spirit sister, and her baby was murdered by the Sky People!?" she yelled and father hissed. I could hear Tsireya gasping behind me. I bet she's in shock. Everyone was screaming and shouting. "This war has come to us! We know about this hunting of our Tulkun people, we'll throw them far away from the horizon, now!(idk what he said here)" dad gave us a speech and we did the Pukana. "you don't understand how the Sky People think!" Mr. Sully shouted. "they don't care about the great balance!" he continued but none of us cared. "listen to him!" i heard Neteyam shouted. "the Sky People are not gonna stop. This is only the beginning. You gotta tell your Tulkuns to leave!" he pointed at father. "you gotta tell them to go away!" he shouted again. "leave??" mother narrowed her eyes at him. "you live among us, and you learned nothing!" she shouted at him. "we will fight for our brothers and sisters!" one of father's men shouted. "no no no!" Mr. Sully sound really stressed out. "If you attack, if you fight, they will destroy you, they will destroy everything you that love!" i saw mother holding her stomach. I looked at Tsireya and Neteyam and back at Mr. Sully. "stay calm, stay calm!!" Neteyam's voice breaks as he shout. Suddenly Mr. Sully get to the high ground and held out a big red metal with a sharp and pointy hook on it. Everyone went quite and we sat down in terror. "you tell the Tulkuns, that if they were hit by one of these, they're marked for death." he warned and everyone is no longer doing the pukana. It was quiet. "Saving their lives, that's all that matter right? Saving your family" he looked at mother and father. Father looked at mother and she nodded. "tell the Tulkuns" father instructed. "go.. GO!" mother shouted and everyone hurried to their spirit brothers and sisters.

I called for my ilu and put a saddle on it. I went to where my spirit brother was. He saw me and swam towards me happily. I dived underwater and swim towards his eyes. "brother, you have to go!" i signed. He whaled confusingly. "the Sky People are hunting the Tulkuns. You are not safe here. You must go with the other Tulkuns, get away from here now!" i signed and hugged him. "I'm gonna miss you brother" i signed sadly. "I see you", he whaled sadly. "i see you too, brother" i signed and went up to the surface. I watched him swim towards the Tulkun packs from afar. Then i called out for my ilu and cling on it. I pushed myself on top of the ilu and knelt down. I saw Tsireya from the distance. She looks like she's going towards Lo'ak and Neteyam at the dock. I ride my ilu next to her and jumped on the dock. "Lo'ak" she called for him. I walk towards Neteyam cluelessly and saw Lo'ak jumping off the dock and ride his ilu. "Lo'ak" Neteyam shouted for him. "come on, he's going to Payakan!" he slapped my chest and called for his ilu. I just got here!, i sighed and called for my ilu. I ride it and followed Neteyam and Lo'ak from behind. I just noticed that Rotxo was following us. Kiri and Tuk does too.

Once we got there, i saw Lo'ak standing on Payakan and pulling something. It's the red metalic thing that Mr. Sully showed us earlier. Neteyam jumped onto Payakan's body and stand on it. I think he saw something and turned around. I reached out my hand to him and he grabbed it, pulling me onto my feet. I helped them pull the red thing out and suddenly i saw the demon ship coming towards us. Shitshitshitshit, i cursed and tried my best pulling the red thing out. Tsireya sat next to me and helped me pulled it out. Her hair almost slapped my face when she turned around. Everyone helped us pulling the red thing but it still won't come out. Suddenly Neteyam called my name and i raised my head to look at him. He tossed a rope to me and i catched it. I tied the rope on the red thing and shouted. "go go go!" i pulled the red thing as soon as Neteyam starts to pull it with his ilu. I cling onto the rope and when the red thing is out, i was pulled with the rope and fell into the water.

I swim to the surface to catch some air. "go that way! I'll draw them off!" Neteyam instructed us. Everyone dived except for me. "Neteyam!" i called for him. "what now!? Go!" he shouted as I gaped for air. "Be careful!" i told him. He nodded. "I will!" he shouted and went away with the red thing. I dived and saw my ilu coming towards me. I pulled myself on it and ran away with the others.

☆。*。☆。

We got to the surface for air and suddenly an ikran snatched Kiri from above. "Let me go!" Kiri screamed and shouted. "Kiri!" Rotxo held out a hand to grab her but it was too late. "we have to go get her!" Rotxo turned to me. "No we cannot. It's too far away. Our ilus are gone." i told him which made him frowned even more. "But she's in danger, we cannot leave her!" he shouted while gasping for air. I shake my head. "I'm sorry, Rot-" someone cut me off. "Aonung!" mother touched my hand. "Mother!" I exclaimed. She pulled me and Rotxo on her skimwing and brought us back to the village.

We got off the skimwing and mother grabbed my shoulders. "are you hurt?" she asked worriedly while checking me for any cuts. "I'm fine mother" i told her. She glanced towards Rotxo and examined his body. "are you hurt anywhere my child?" Rotxo shakes his head. "No, tsahik. I'm fine" he smiled and mother released a huge sigh. my child??, i thought. "you children stay here, I'm going back to the battlefield" she hops on her skimwings. "but mother, i want to come!" i told her. "No, stay here until we are all home" she straighten her back. "But-" she cuts me off. "this is an order, Aonung." she warned me. I sighed and nodded. "yes mother" she looked upset but she just shakes it off and ride her skimwings to the battlefield. Rotxo put a hand on my shoulder. "let's go" he told me. I followed him into the village when I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my chest. I winced in pain and placed my hand on my chest. Rotxo noticed me wincing and he grabbed my shoulder. "Aonung, what's wrong?" he asked. I looked at my chest and there's nothing on there. Weird, i thought. "nothing" i said softly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⊱A/N⊰
I changed some of the line because i can't really remember what they said. I hope you like this chapter. I can't wait to write the next one :)