Chapter 2

-Previously- 

Then, there he is... in front of his girlfriend's door. Looking at it nervously, he finally build up the courage to click the button.

~Ding Dong~

-Present- 

Takemichi waited a bit after pressing on the door bell, nervous. Footsteps were heard inside the home before a soft voice came from the speaker. 

"Who is it?"

Takemichi was a bit startled but even so, he tried to stutter out a reply. But before he was able to speak, the voice had already called out to him.

"Takemichi? Is that you?" the voice asked.

"Uh- I, um yea... I-" Takemichi began to stammer as the voice echoed through his head. 

'Her voice... it's so familiar.'

The door opened to reveal... Tachibana Hinata... his girlfriend.

"I wasn't expecting you," Hinata admitted sheepishly but it went away when she noticed his wounds.

"Did you get into a fight again? That's not good! All you do is get into fights and get injured!" Hinata angrily said, placing her hands on her hip, a pout was formed on her lips.

"But, are you okay? That looks like it really hurts, let me get you some ice-" Hinata was cut off when they heard a voice behind them. 

"H-Hina-chan, who's a-at the door?"

Hinata moved to the side and revealed... L/n Y/n.

"Huh? M-Michi-chan? Aha! Michi-chan!!" Y/n happily shouted out Takemichi's nickname that she gave him when they were little. She ran to him and hugged him while giggling.

"Y/n-chan..." Takemichi muttered her name softly and slowly hugged her back. He felt small tears began to build up in his eyes. 'She's here. Alive and well,' he thought with a sense of relief rushing through his body. 10 years since he'd last saw her. He totally forgotten what she looked like until now. 

Hinata looked at them and couldn't help but giggle, they look like siblings even though they're not blood related. They've always been siblings ever since Y/n was picked on by a couple of older guys when she was very little due to the fact that she simply couldn't stand up for herself. That was when Takemichi came and 'fought' them off. 

He was injured as the boys ran away laughing at him. He cried out in anger but Y/n was quick to reassure him that he was her hero. Finding out that they were in the same age, Takemichi happily declared that he will protect her. Hinata knew since she watched everything. That was when her crush on the boy first developed. 

Hinata smiled at the fond memory before she decided to help out with his injury. 

"Takemichi, let's get you treated-" but before Hinata could finish her sentence, Takemichi looked at her and shook his head with tears streaming down her cheeks. He slowly broke the hug as Y/n walked back to Hinata who took Y/n hand in hers. 

"Takemichi, are you okay?" Hinata asked, seeing him cry made her feel sad as well. He let out a little laugh and covered his face, "It's alright, it's just that, I don't know why I'm crying. Sorry, I'll go now, goodnight". He started to walk away but stopped when Hinata asked "Wait, what happened", while Y/n looked at Takemichi, concerned.

"I just- I just wanted to see you two... that's all," Takemichi answered.

"Don't lie, something happened. You're not acting like yourself at all" Hinata stated as Y/n also nodded, agreeing with Hinata's statement.