Chapter 35

-Previously- 

Takemichi worried looked at her before looking back at Baji.

'B-Baji-kun!' 

-Present-  

As the sound of Baji's fists continue to bash against the guy's face below him, Y/n couldn't help start to feel herself go a bit sick. The sight of the guy's blood didn't help either as Y/n began to feel like passing out. 

Kazutora notices as he let out a small laugh. Finding her expression funny. 

Y/n gently lays her head on Takemichi's shoulder as she closes her eyes. 

Still in a state of shock, Takemichi manages to let out his voice. "K-Kazutora-kun, what's going on here?" he asks. 

Kazutora turns his head to look at him with the same expression. "What do you mean..?" he smiles. "It's a test of faith," he stated. 

'Sounds scary and looks scary,' Y/n thought. 

Takemichi shifts his eyes to Kazutora. "A test of faith?" a repeated in confusion. 

"Testing Baji's belief in our group. Leaving Toman to join Valhalla is like switching religions. So he needs to show us he's ready," Kazutora explains as Y/n's eyes shot open. 

"Like switching beliefs? That's crazy." Y/n mutters to herself. 

Takemichi, who heard, nodded in agreement. Was Baji dead serious about this?!

His eyes went back to Baji as he leaned back up straight. His eyes never leaving the guy below him, covered in his own blood. His body slightly twitching while grunting in pain. Tears built up in Y/n's eyes as she looked at the beat up guy. 

'Oh gosh, I hope he's still alive!' 

"The guy Baji was beating up is Toman's first division vice-captain..." Kazutora glances at Y/n who shivered at the words he said. It was the shock for both Y/n and Takemichi. 

But he nonetheless continued. "But he's also Baji's most trusted retainer." 

Gulping, Takemichi looks at the guy in shock. "The first division vice-captain?!" he exclaims. 

Y/n's breathing became shaky as she slightly took a step backwards. All she wanted right now is to run away and hid under her warm blanket while burying this memory deep away. She just couldn't believe how someone could do this to their most loyal companion. 

Kazutora looks back to the front. "Toman is now Valhalla's enemy." His eyes gazes at the panting Baji. "If he's betraying his old 'god', Mikey... then he's got to curb his old beliefs," Kazutora says with an amused smile. 

'His old 'god' which is Mikey-san...  d-does this mean Baji want to also destroy Toman too?! But aren't they childhood friends?!' Y/n heavily breathes out which caught Takemichi's attention as he looks down at her. His eyes held worry as he shakingly reaches out to hold her hands. 

"Hey, hey. Don't worry! Baji-kun just needs some sense knocked into him... yeah, yeah," he whispers as his eyes slightly adverted away. 

He knew what he said could be lies but he knew how uncomfortable Y/n was at the moment and as much as he also want Y/n out of here, he knew Y/n couldn't just leave. This gang wasn't like Toman who would never lay a hand on Y/n. Either she gets hurt getting out or she stays here unharmed. 

The second option was the best... for now. 

Y/n holds his hands back as she slowly nods. He nodded back before looking back at Baji. 'He's beating one of his former followers half to death...?!'