Chapter 39

-Previously-

Shakingly, Kazutora opened his mouth.

"You're kidding... right?" 

-Present- 

Eyes widen, staring down at the dead man that Kazutora found out was Mikey's older brother, Sano Shinichiro. 

"This guy is Mikey's older brother?" Kazutora repeated in utter terror. "Y-you're kidding, right...?" 

But with Baji profusely crying his eyes out and heavy panting, Kazutora knew Baji was dead serious. 

"The bike that we..." he choked back a sob. "We're gonna steal... was Mikey's brother's CB25OT." 

Sniffing, Baji tried to surpass more sobs that was threatening to come out from his throat. "What do we do now... Kazutora?" he asked. 

"He's not breathing..." Baji continued on, clenching his teeth. "Shinichiro!"  

"Hah... hah..." Kazutora's breathing became uneven as the noise around him began to fade away. 

Baji lifted a hand to nervously rub his forehead. "What'll we do?!!" he asked, his voice was full of panic. 

By then, Kazutora was tearing up until those tears fell. His fingers shakingly raised up as he began to bite on them, continuously muttering "It wasn't me!! I didn't kill him!!" 

His body trembled like a leaf as he tried to convince himself that it wasn't his fault...

A few seconds passed and it finally hit Baji. "Oh, yeah. An Ambulance!!" 

Yet Kazutora paid no attention to him. 

"There's no way I would ever... kill Mikey's older brother..." 

Looking around, Baji urgently searched for the phone to dial for the police and ambulance. "Ambulance! We gotta call an ambulance!!" Baji shouted. 

But even with all of Baji's shouting, Kazutora paid no mind- or more like he couldn't. Mutter after mutters were coming from Kazutora. 

Turning to the side, Baji looks back at him. "Let's call an ambulance and get the hell out. Kazutora!" he shouted. 

"I was doing this for Mikey. So why did this happen?" Kazutora question, his pupils were dilated with craziness. 

Then the sound of siren filled the once silent air. Baji's head snapped to the door with a panicked expression. "Shit!! Cops're here! Let's just get outta here, Kazutora!" Baji shouted, turning back to Kazutora. 

But as soon as Baji looked at his friend, his once panicked expression shifted to confusion one. 

"This is all Mikey's fault.. so I.." Kazutora trails off, his hand drops to his side. 

"...K-Kazutora?" Baji called out. 

Then unexpectedly, a wide and crazed grin curled up on his lips. His eyes were wide with red streaks in them. "I've got to... kill Mikey..." he crazily concluded. 

Once those words was heard by Baji, only disbelief and horror washed over Baji. A shiver went down his spine as the policemen barged into the shop and immediately headed for the two. 

"Hold 'em down!!" they shouted, tackling and forcing the two onto the ground. 

That scene... filled with many policemen and the paramedics that showed up caused a big commotion from outside the shop with many coming out of their homes late at night to see. 

"Two boys have been arrested at the reported shop!!" 

"We've got one casualty!"