Chapter 36

-Previously- 

'Summon the witness?!' Y/n and Takemichi thought as they looked up at Hanma who stood up in front of them. Takemichi gulps as he embraced himself.

'What's gonna happen now?!'

-Present-

Because of the sudden and shocking announcement, it made everyone start to chatter. Feeling self conscious, Y/n took her hands off of Takemichi and hugged herself. 

Takemichi was too busy trying to understand the whole situation. Confusion was all Takemichi felt at the moment. 

"One of Toman's founding members! The first division captain!" Hanma looks at Baji. Grin wider than ever. 

"Keisuke Baji!" 

At the sound of his name, he walked over to Hanma and stood in front of him. His blank face staring at them. 

Still grinning widely, he opens his arms. "He claims he wants to abandon Toman and enter Valhalla!" Hanma explains loudly. 

When he said that, murmurs were heard throughout the abandoned arcade. 

"One of Toman's top brass wanna be in Valhalla?" 

"Ain't that a bad idea?-" 

"No way! This is fuckin' huge!" 

Hanma looked down with his grin gone. "Indeed! This is a very serious matter if you didn't seem to realize it," he said. 

"Enlisting Baji will aid us greatly in crushing Toman... But there's just one more problem remaining!" he yells. 

Confused murmurs began again as members of Valhalla said their thoughts about the matter. 

"He might be one of Toman's spies," suggested Hanma. 

But even with his suggestion of him being a spy, Baji didn't seem to be fazed. While Y/n blinked. 'Is he pretending to be a spy?' she thought with a finger to her chin. 

"So~" Hanma looks at Takemichi. "I had Kazutora prepare a witness for us!" 

"Huh?!" Takemichi glances at Kazutora who didn't spare him a single glance. 

Slowly raising down his arms, he looks at Takemichi. "I will now call forward the witness!" 

"Huh? Eh?" Takemichi blinks as Y/n looks at him. "Michi-chan... y-you're the witness?" she whispers to him. Takemichi could only silently nod, unsure of what he should say. 

"Takemichi Hanagaki," Hanma calls out. 

Startled, Takemichi lightly flinches but still spoke. "Y-yes!" 

"At Toman's gathering, what did Baji say?" he asks. His voice laced with seriousness. 

"...U-um..." Takemichi recalls what Baji said. 

Seconds passed and he finally answers. 

"I'm going to Valhalla."

"Toman is my enemy."

"That's what he said," Takemichi answers. 

Hanma stares down at Takemichi as Takemichi stares back. Hanma then looks at Kazutora. "What do you think, Kazutora?" he asked. 

"..." Now all eyes were on Kazutora as he remained quiet. 

"The 'Test of Faith'... and the 'Witness Summoning'..." Kazutora looks up at Hanma. A playful smile curled up on his lips. "Don't you think that's good enough?"