Chapter 40

-Previously-

"W-what..." Takemichi stares at Chifuyu who turned his head to look back at him.

"Baji-san joined Valhalla so he could get at Kisaki!" 

-Present- 

Standing in the rain with umbrellas over their head to keep them dry, they stood in front of Shinichiro's grave. 

Mikey squatted down in front of it and stared at it with Draken holding an umbrella above Mikey. 

Chifuyu and Takemichi standing behind them with their own separate umbrellas. 

After a long moment of silence, Mikey as the first to break it. 

"I see... so you heard... about my older brother," Mikey says. 

 "Shinichiro was an awesome guy," Draken said as Mikey nodded in agreement. "Yeah..." 

Draken looked at Takemichi from the corner of his eyes. "Takemitchy, we know too. We know that past incident can't be undone." he said. 

Takemichi remained quiet and listened. 

"Baji and Kazutora... didn't intend for that to happen." Draken said as Mikey stood up. 

"Yeah... it's too late to change what happened... I know that," Mikey says. "But, deep down, I can't accept it." Mikey admitted. 

"The CB25OT that Baji and Kazutora were trying to steal... was the one my Brother rode." Mikey explained, shocking Takemichi. 

"What?!" Takemichi lets out. His brows raised in surprise. 

"It was supposed to be... my birthday present," Mikey furthermore explained. "That CB25OT's a memento from my brother." 

Mikey turned his head to Takemichi with a soft smile. "Now, it's my beloved ride." 

Takemichi gulped and pursed his lips into a straight line. 

Slowly Mikey turned his head back. "It's been two years since then," he quietly recalled. "I've forgiven Baji. But... even if he didn't know..." Mikey quietly trailed off. 

Draken and Chifuyu remained quiet the entire time. 

"Even if it's too late to change the past... I can't forgive Kazutora for killing my brother." Mikey darkly stated, the sudden dark aura surprised Takemichi. 

Takemichi shuddered as a cold wave of unease washed over his body. 

"And I can't forgive Baji for siding with him, either!" Mikey's hand balled up into a fist in his pocket. 

"Takemitchy... I told you to bring Baji back, didn't I?" he asked. 

"So, why's his team's vice-captain here... but Baji isn't?" Mikey asked but the tone of his voice sounded more of an demand. His head slowly turning back to Takemichi with a glare. 

"What do you want to accomplish? Takemitchy." he asked. 

Takemichi's mouth opened but no words came out as Mikey said his next words. 

"You really wanna die that badly?" 

'What do I... want to do?' Takemichi questioned himself. 

-Flashback- 

"Baji-san joined Valhalla... so he could investigate Kisaki." Chifuyu tells Takemichi, walking ahead of him. 

"You mean... Valhalla and Kisaki are connected somehow?" Takemichi questioned.