Chapter 29

-Previously- 

Then he was back in the present. Outside as the sun shined brightly in the sky. A bird flew across his view but he paid no mind.

'I wonder... where did she go..' he thought. 

-Present- 

Takemichi and Naoto were currently back in Naoto's apartment. Naoto sat in a office chair which faced his desk. He stared blankly at his laptop screen.

While Takemichi sat on the couch. His gaze on the ground. "I can't believe that Draken-kun is on death row," he says in disbelief. Naoto didn't say anything, his gaze still on the laptop.

"I'd kill Kisaki"

Takemichi remembered Draken's words. A small sweat began to form on his cheek. He lifted his head to look at Naoto. "Naoto, just what kind of guy is Kisaki?" he asked.

Without looking at Takemichi, he answered.

"Tetta Kisaki. He currently holds one of the most important positions in the Tokyo Manji Gang as the acting leader. He's likely the one who perpetrating the repeated murder of my sister and the disappearances of Y/n-chan... The police are putting all of out efforts into the investigations, but we can't find any leads," he explains.

Takemichi looks down at his hands. "I- I didn't meet him even once in the past. As much as I wanna beat the guy, we don't even know where he is," Takemichi said, frustration in his tone. Naoto just continued to stare at the screen with silence. It was quiet again.

But then Takemichi looked up. His eyes held determination. "Naoto, there's really no other way around it." he suddenly said. Naoto turned his head to look at him with confusion. "Huh?"

Takemichi looked at Naoto, "I've.. gotta become Toman's leader!".

Naoto stared at Takemichi as if he was crazy. "You were serious about that? I thought you were just trying to cheer me up," Naoto said. Takemichi quickly stood up, "But it's the only way right?!" he exclaimed.

"If I can become Toman's leader, I can stop Kisaki. Then, I'll be able to save Draken-kun, Mikey-kun, Hina, Y/n-chan... everyone!" Takemichi exclaims.

"Just gotta do things differently this time. I've got to attack the root of it all!" Takemichi clenched his fists.

Naoto just looked at him. "I've thought it over. First, I become a captain. With Pah-chin gone, the third division doesn't have a captain right now," Takemichi began to drift off as he looked down.

'Right, Pah-chin was arrested and that was when Y/n-chan cried and passed out..' Takemichi closed his eyes as he remembered the depressed look on her face.

He shot his head up, his face held an expression of determination. "I'll aim for that!" he shouted.

It was then quiet again. Naoto looked away. "What an utterly reckless idea." he stated with a small chuckle. Takemichi raised a brow and irked at his insult. "But Naoto,"

"I'm not saying that I can solve this like magic. I just think that this is the only way" Takemichi said with honesty. Naoto nodded, "I understand".

Naoto turned back to Takemichi and he held his hand out. "Takemichi, one way or another. You've succeeded in the mission thus far.. I trust you," he states.

Takemichi smiled as he nodded. Naoto smiled back, "It might be a long journey this time".

As Takemichi walked towards him he agreed. Once the two was in front of each other, Takemichi raised his hand and clasped it with Naoto's.

Before Takemichi went back to the past, Naoto grinned at him. "Make sure to save them!"

BA-DUMP

Why did I dump Hina?

Why was Hanma there when Hina was killed?

Why was Draken-kun put on Death row?

Why did Y/n-chan get kidnaped?

And who exactly is Kisaki? Why did he come to hate Mikey-kun so much?

All these questions, scattered like puzzle pieces...

I'll snap them together and tear it all apart!

BA-DUMP

When Takemichi open his eyes... steams immediately came into view. 'Huh? It's all white?'

"And warm too" he uttered.

Baaaam!

A bath house....

"... EH?!" 

-To Be Continued-