𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘'  𝕻𝕺𝖁 || 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟗 @ 𝟖:𝟎𝟕𝐚𝐦 ||

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁
|| 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟗 @ 𝟖:𝟎𝟕𝐚𝐦 ||

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

As I made my way toward Samaria's desk, my heels echoed against the floor with each step, giving off a confident cadence.

Upon approaching it, I greeted her with a professional smile and a warm "Good morning" and told her that I'm checking in.

She nod in acknowledgment and proceeded to type on the keyboard. While I waited for her to finish, I occupied myself by scrolling and browsing my phone.

"Done. and Good morning to you too." She stated with a cheeky smile. I nod at her weird friendliness and was about to make my exit from the office when she called out my name. I turned on my heels to face her and held her gaze, as I awaited her next words.

She rose from her seat, positioning herself with her arms against the counter, as she spoke with a sincere tone, "Me nuh know weh yuh have 'gainst me cause me never do yuh nothing. But me hope yuh can put it aside and make we start pon a clean slate.."

I furrowed my eyebrows in disbelief and curled my lip in disdain, giving her a once-over, as she continued to speak.

Me have something 'gainst her?

A wah dis fada?

"Me really just try a clear weh all negativity and toxicity from outta me life and I'm starting by doing this, you know." She explained, and I nod my head slowly, with a confused expression plastered on my face.

"Uh Huh. Why you think I have something against you though?" I asked, tucking my bag in the crease of my elbow and tilt my head.

"Because a just so yuh behave ever since you start work here. Did Mr. Forbes tell you something fi make yuh hate me or what?" She asked, and I forced a laugh at the way she's trying to bring up her past encounters with Malachi.

"Nope. But are you trying to tell me something, Miss. Johnson?" I asked, matching her energy.

She shook her head and smiled, "No sweetie. Like I said. I'm removing every toxicity from my life. So what's your Instagram handle -- if you don't mind."

I hesitated and averted my gaze from her to the floor. Eventually, I gave in and shared my username with her before wishing her a good day.

While I stood in the elevator, I thought about what Dejanae had said about her being a wolf in sheep skin.

Cause one thing for sure, she's really good at putting on a façade.