𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁|| 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝟐𝟖 @𝟏𝟐:𝟎𝟏𝐩𝐦 ||

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝟐𝟖 @𝟏𝟐:𝟎𝟏𝐩𝐦 ||

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Sitting in the passenger seat of Michael's vehicle, I fiddle with my phone screen, scrolling through meaningless messages and social media updates, as i try to distract myself from the looming uncertainty that awaited us.

Today is the day of trial that'll determine if Malachi is guilty of the act or not, and my mind is racing with endless possibilities of what today day might bring.

Will we win the case?

Will Malachi go to jail for something he didn't do?

Will Lennox be so prepared that he overthrow everything that Benjamin has planned?

I know Benjamin is top lawyer following behind Lennox, but i also know that Lennox has a reputation for going to extreme lengths to win his cases, even if it meant tampering with evidence or using other fraudulent means, or using his manipulative schemes.

We then turned a corner and the towering courthouse came into view, causing my stomach churned with nerves.

The building's imposing facade only served to amplify my fears, and I felt a knot form in my throat.

"Yuh nah fi a fret enuh sis," Michael said, dragging me from my thoughts.

I tore my gaze away from my phone and looked at him, taking in his calm demeanor as if he isn't moved at the fact that his brother can be either free today or locked up for years for being wrongfully accused.

"Why you say that? Me nah fret," I lied, causing him to give me a side eye.

"Yuh nuh see how yuh finger a shake while yaa press up the phone screen," He pointed out, and I looked down at my trembling thumb, feeling a pang of embarrassment.

I quickly locked my phone and placed it in my small purse, playing with the logo on it.