𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁|| 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔 @ 𝟏:𝟏𝟓𝐩𝐦 ||

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁
|| 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔 @ 𝟏:𝟏𝟓𝐩𝐦 ||

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"So weh yaa plan fi do?" I ask Dejanae with reference to her birthday plans that she has been speaking about ever since we had our lunch break.

She is turning 23 on July 23rd and is determined to make it the best birthday she has ever had.

In response to my question, she chew on her fries and twist her lips in contemplation, "Me nuh know yet girl," she admitted, "Kash say him a go Barbados that week cause him have a performance there and me coulda go wid him. But me nuh wah go desso."

"Why not?"

"Me wah live me maddest life outside of the Caribbean. Matter a fact, me deven wah hear the word Caribbean pon me birthday." She stated and I burst out laughing.

Dah likkle girl here mad enuh.

We continued to eat and speak about her birthday until Bryan started walking in our direction, smiling at Dejanae and lifting his head to me as a greeting. He then strolled past our table and Dejanae called out to him.

"Bryan!" She exclaimed, quickly swallowing the food in her mouth and wiping her salty hands off in the napkin.

Lawd God.

She couldn't make him pass and gwaan?

Her voice is loud enough to catch his attention, and he stop in his tracks, turning to look in our direction.

He lift his eyebrows in a gesture, silently prompting her to speak.

"Come here nuh." she said, her tone playful yet assertive." Yuh stand up over desso like we a bother yuh nose."

I giggle at her remark and Bryan started to walk towards us. When he approached us, he pulled out a chair and took a seat beside Dejanae, glancing at me for a short second before giving his full attention to her.

Dejanae begin by saying, "So me birthday a come up and..." but is interrupted by Bryan's remark.

"Yuh did born?" He question with a playful tone and Deej pursed her lips together and rolled her eyes in response.

"Listen to weh me a say nuh," She persist, undeterred by Bryan's teasing, "Me birthday a come up and me wah go live me maddest life a one different country. Yuh woulda come?" She asked, and my eyes slightly widened at the thought.